Pilot Required

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Traffic Helicopter

Pilot Required

Postby Traffic Helicopter » Wed Sep 21 2022, 05:40

R44 Senior Base Pilot position
The Australian Traffic Network has a full time Pilot position based at Melbourne's Essendon airport.
Requirements,
CPL (H)
1000 hrs (H) or negotiated
R44 rating 50 hrs on type
NVFR rating
Current medical
ASIC
DG

The position is Monday to Friday, mornings and afternoons role and requires a reliable person who can work unsupervised with exceptional personal skills.
A successful candidate should have good knowledge of controlled airspace procedures and the ability to make good command decisions.
Please send a brief working resume to pilotinfo@trafficnet.com.au
Bee3
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Pilot Required

Postby Bee3 » Wed Sep 21 2022, 19:22

Monday to Friday!! Sign me up!!
Gunga Din
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Gunga Din » Thu Sep 22 2022, 07:30

There's one enthusiastic response!

Looking at traffic is mind-numbing. Back in the 80s, some senior police officer got stuck in Sydney traffic, and decided it would be a good idea to get Polair in the sky for a dawn patrol to report on traffic. Our response was "Listen to 2UE, they have a yellow R22 that does reports."

His response:" Get up there, and talk to the traffic branch directly, they can change the settings to allow more time on green in some directions to clear a jam."

"Mumble mumble" was our response, so the dawn patrol began. Well, sometimes it worked, and other times, we would call them up and say that a particular intersection needed an extra 30 seconds on the right turn northbound, they would do it, and the problem cleared. But after a week or two of our requests, we noticed that nothing was changing. A call after 10 minutes of inaction got the reply, "These lights are on an automatic program, and we don't like interfering with it."

Another couple of weeks, and we just cancelled the patrol and got an extra hour's sleep.
Arm, arm, I Gunga Din, the door slockt.
Chopper Guy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Chopper Guy » Thu Sep 22 2022, 08:10

The job isn't for everyone... you basically spend 500 hours a year flying a R44 within 30nm of the departure airport.

Having said that, it's Monday to Friday, home 7 nights a week. If you're a family man who is looking to settle down and raise a family, it's a dream gig!
dole time
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby dole time » Thu Sep 22 2022, 18:52

So a friend of mine went for this job earlier this year. Throughout their correspondence, everything was positive, and just as my friend was about to quit his then-current job and put money down for a night rating they called him and said never mind, as the person he was supposed to replace was staying after all.

Then a week later they call him again asking if he could start in 2 weeks or whatever.

if anyone is chatting to this company make sure you get plenty of emails in with the cheif pilot, not just his staff on his behalf, and make sure you get your offer in writing and contract signed before you start leaving jobs, buying training, breaking lease etc.. ie make sure there actually is a job going, and that they're not just putting out feelers to grab from at their convenience.

Pulling a stunt like that is frankly s#!t, it was not the only story with that similar script that i had heard last year either. Companies and conmen are far too comfortable doing this to people and expecting pilots and engineers to just tolerate it.
Just waiting for dole time.
CarlosVintimilla

Postby CarlosVintimilla » Sat Sep 24 2022, 13:42

Carlos VINTIMILLA
Commercial Helicopter Pilot (Ecuador)
Master in Aviation Safety and Aircraft Airworthiness (France)
First Class Medical Certificate
FAA Helicopter Pilot

FLIGHT EXPERIENCE
• VIP transportation
• Night Visions Goggles NVG.
• HUET
• Medevac Operations, Medical Evacuation.
• Search and Rescue
• Personal transportation
• Fishing Prospection
• Instrument flight
• Underslung operations
• Firefighting
• Hoist Operations.
• Offshore Operations.
• Night flight.

WORK EXPERIENCE
ECUADORIAN ARMY From October 5, 2002 to May 30, 2020
Within the Ecuadorian Army I fulfilled operational functions as Airplane and
Helicopter Pilot in several Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing aircraft, in addition I
hold positions in administrative functions such as Operations Officer, Human
Resources Officer, Logistics Officer, Air Supply Officer, Safety Officer.
AIRBUS HELICOPTERS INTERNSHIP 2012
I worked as an intern, participating in the implementation of the Operational
Safety Management System (SMS) in Maintenance, which was my Master's
Degree Safety thesis project.
DELIPESCA S.A. 2020
I performed operations as a Robinson R44 pilot, in tuna fishing offshore
operations.
ARINGCON S.A. 2021
I preformed operations as a Schweizer 300C pilot, in tuna Fishing offshore
operations.
INTELPESCA S.A / FISHECUADOR S.A 2022 to present day
I perform operations as a Robinson R44 pilot, in tuna fishing offshore
operations.

OBJECTIVE
To gain the pilot position for which I am applying for, since I have the expertise, knowledge and
training necessary for said position, in addition to finding myself with enough motivation to
increase with my experience to the benefit and strengthening of your prestigious company.

SKILLS / ABILITIES
Given my experience as a veteran of the Ecuadorian army, I am able to carry out Administrative
and Operational activities; with efficiency leadership, judgment, eloquence, teamwork, with
immediate response, working under pressure and stress, efficiently and effectively to meet the
objectives set by the company.

EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• 2005 Fix Wing Pilot at Army Aviation School “Capt Fernando Vasconez”.
• 2006 Bachelor in Military Science at Armed Forces Polytechnic College.
• 2008 Cessna CE-T206 Turbo Stationair (SAEREO).
• 2011 Rotary Wing Pilot at Army Aviation School “Capt Fernando Vasconez”.
• 2012 Aviation Safety Aircraft Airworthiness at Ecole Nacional de Aviacion Civil (FRANCE).
• 2012 H125 Fennec Rating (Airbus Helicopters FRANCE).
• 2013 Advance Training Fennec H125 (Airbus Helicopters).
• 2015 Altitude Chamber HUET (USA).
• 2016 Super Puma AS332B Course.
• 2018 Robinson R44 Rating.
• 2020 Schweizer S300C Rating.

FLIGHT HOURS & AIRCRAFTS
FLIGHT HOURS

TOTAL 2293,6
Fix wing 316,0
Rotative wing 1977,6

PIC 1706,1
SEC 389:7
Dual 197:8
Instruments 142:0
Turbine 1384:3
Piston 903:0
Night Vision Goggles NVG 65:2
Sling 46:0
Hoist 41:0

HELICOPTERS
Ecureuil B, B2, B3e, C3e Super Puma AS 332 B
Robinson R-44 Schweizer S300C
Bell B206 Ranger Gazelle SA 342 L

AIRPLANES
Maule Mt 7 235 Cessna C 172 S
Cessna T 41 D Cessna C 206 H

RATINGS
Robinson R-44 Ecureuil AS 350 B
Schweizer S300C

LINGUISTICS
• Spanish Native
• English Proficient
• Frances Intermediate
Attachments
COVER LETTER.docx
(15.96 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
av8r
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby av8r » Sat Sep 24 2022, 22:13

Carlos, you seem to have missed a critical step in the instructions:

Traffic Helicopter wrote:Please send a brief working resume to pilotinfo@trafficnet.com.au
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Sat Sep 24 2022, 22:28

dole time wrote:So a friend of mine went for this job earlier this year. Throughout their correspondence, everything was positive, and just as my friend was about to quit his then-current job and put money down for a night rating they called him and said never mind, as the person he was supposed to replace was staying after all.

Then a week later they call him again asking if he could start in 2 weeks or whatever.

if anyone is chatting to this company make sure you get plenty of emails in with the cheif pilot, not just his staff on his behalf, and make sure you get your offer in writing and contract signed before you start leaving jobs, buying training, breaking lease etc.. ie make sure there actually is a job going, and that they're not just putting out feelers to grab from at their convenience.

Pulling a stunt like that is frankly s#!t, it was not the only story with that similar script that i had heard last year either. Companies and conmen are far too comfortable doing this to people and expecting pilots and engineers to just tolerate it.

Sounds like it was their employee stuffing them around with quitting/not quitting/quitting, rather than the company.

This will be a great job for the right person...

Fixed base, capital city, great hour builder (including NVFR).

Best of luck to those that apply.
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Tue Oct 4 2022, 12:02

dole time wrote:So a friend of mine went for this job earlier this year. Throughout their correspondence, everything was positive, and just as my friend was about to quit his then-current job and put money down for a night rating they called him and said never mind, as the person he was supposed to replace was staying after all.

You mean her?
Dem winds are gonna blow
Traffic Helicopter

Postby Traffic Helicopter » Wed Oct 5 2022, 22:51

Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in the Pilot position at Essendon, the position has been filled.

Return to “Pilots Required”