Who needs a new helmet???

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
Moe Lester

Who needs a new helmet???

Postby Moe Lester » Tue Oct 5 2021, 08:32

Anyone else keen for a free new helmet????

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-me-purc ... 8ec14a4da5
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Who needs a new helmet???

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Tue Oct 5 2021, 22:09

Lovely girl and always full of positivity. There may be a lesson in there…
Moe Lester

Postby Moe Lester » Tue Oct 5 2021, 23:51

I just can’t believe some people are stupid enough to give away money like this. Might be time to replace the old SPH-4
Fill-level
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Fill-level » Wed Oct 6 2021, 05:14

Moe Lester wrote:I just can’t believe some people are stupid enough to give away money like this. Might be time to replace the old SPH-4

Come on mate, those people visiting food banks , would highly support this
Mallard
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Mallard » Wed Oct 6 2021, 07:37

Wannabe60Driver wrote:Lovely girl and always full of positivity. There may be a lesson in there…

...be born female to get ahead in aviation?

oh you mean being positive!
Ala rotante
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Ala rotante » Wed Oct 6 2021, 07:52

Fill-level wrote:
Moe Lester wrote:I just can’t believe some people are stupid enough to give away money like this. Might be time to replace the old SPH-4

Come on mate, those people visiting food banks , would highly support this

Exactly! We need to be more empathetic to each other, promote the positive attitude and of course, as a father of an awesome girl, more women for the industry! More please!!! And let this girl have her new dream helmet! trust me help other will make you feel good :D
)c/ Old Grumpy but Handsome Man 8)
Li_Li_Pink

Postby Li_Li_Pink » Thu Oct 7 2021, 04:33

Hey Moe,
Thanks for sharing my link! I can’t believe I didn’t think to post it up here.
It’s ok if you don’t like the idea, if you took the time to read it you’d know I didn’t either. But it’s in the hope and dreams section, don’t worry I was very careful not to post it in the I’ve got cancer or I’ve lost my house section. I definitely do not want to redirect funds that people want to contribute to those types of funds.
I’m pretty stoked to start doing something other than scenic flights. While I’m really okay using secondhand helmets and a skull cap until I can get one of my own, the sooner I don’t have to share in a hot humid male environment the better. Have a good one!
P.S cheers for the support @ Ala Rotante
:D
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Thu Oct 7 2021, 10:56

Q: “Who needs a new helmet???”

I’m keen for a new helmet.
Mine is 17 years old.
There is always an option.
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby NZHelo » Thu Oct 7 2021, 23:46

OnlyFans?
Stick Pig

Postby Stick Pig » Fri Oct 8 2021, 00:28

NZHelo wrote:OnlyFans?

Why work for it when you can ask for it!!
BBwantok
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby BBwantok » Sat Oct 9 2021, 00:02

Regardless of the ethics of asking other people to fund your career, you should be able to get an Alpha dual visor Eagle ex USA new for around $3,500 aud. They are significantly more expensive through the Australian suppliers.

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/dept-29380 ... lmets.html

https://proflightgear.com/
HELO1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby HELO1 » Sat Oct 9 2021, 00:22

BBwantok wrote:Regardless of the ethics of asking other people to fund your career, you should be able to get an Alpha dual visor Eagle ex USA new for around $3,500 aud. They are significantly more expensive through the Australian suppliers.

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/dept-29380 ... lmets.html

https://proflightgear.com/

It’s a nice thought, but no company will sell and send to someone in Australia due to contract obligations. I went in a roundabout way a few years ago getting an Alpha sent to a mates place in the US then he sent it to me in Aus. Definitely worth it if you can as you get a lot more for your money, but doesn’t work for everyone.

And don’t get jealous you lot, just because they beat you to the idea of gofundme doesn’t mean you’ve gotta get up them. Every little bit helps and no reason why we shouldn’t help eachother out if we are able.
HELO1
Helix130
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Helix130 » Sat Oct 9 2021, 07:53

You would set up a U.S. mailbox with forwarding. Costs about $65pa.
Have the item marked as gift and no gst payable.
Greshamson

Postby Greshamson » Sat Oct 9 2021, 09:56

Li_Li_Pink wrote:Hey Moe,
It’s ok if you don’t like the idea, if you took the time to read it you’d know I didn’t either. But it’s in the hope and dreams section, don’t worry I was very careful not to post it in the I’ve got cancer or I’ve lost my house section. I definitely do not want to redirect funds that people want to contribute to those types of funds.
I’m pretty stoked to start doing something other than scenic flights. While I’m really okay using secondhand helmets and a skull cap until I can get one of my own, the sooner I don’t have to share in a hot humid male environment the better. Have a good one!

I haven’t had the opportunity to meet you before, but I have followed you on your socials for a while now.
Your continued positivity, outlook and passion for promoting women in aviation is always refreshing - our industry and the wider world in general could certainly benefit from more of what you give out.

Attitude is a powerful thing, I say best of luck with finding a helmet, the new opportunity and fighting the good fight.
Fill-level
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Fill-level » Sat Oct 9 2021, 23:16

Greshamson wrote:
Li_Li_Pink wrote:Hey Moe,

I haven’t had the opportunity to meet you before, but I have followed you on your socials for a while now.
Your continued positivity, outlook and passion for promoting women in aviation is always refreshing - our industry and the wider world in general could certainly benefit from more of what you give out.

Attitude is a powerful thing, I say best of luck with finding a helmet, the new opportunity and fighting the good fight

Give her a few more years , and she will be like everyone else ... Great Box ticker post I've read in a while
Li_Li_Pink

Postby Li_Li_Pink » Wed Oct 13 2021, 08:25

Thanks so much everyone! Reading the friendly comments is awesome. I reached my target today, so incredibly humbled and thankful to those who contributed and shared the link. I can’t wait til I can put the order in. Have a great week! Fly safe!
:D
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Sat Oct 16 2021, 14:57

Such negativity.......any wonder the industry is in such a crap state......
tinman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby tinman » Sun Oct 17 2021, 01:27

CyclicH145 wrote:Such negativity.......any wonder the industry is in such a crap state......

Is it though? It's you that make 'the industry', after all... Sure, the offshore sector is not great, but there's more to the 'industry' than servicing oil and gas rigs. Find out what you like doing and stick with it. There are great operators out there and they will look after you if you're not a whingeing, backstabbing 'stick pig'. Good on li li for being positive and upbeat, I'm sure she'll go places. And just in case you're taking this as a personal attack, CyclicH145, it's not - merely my own observation of how I perceive the never easy, but almost always rewarding helicopter industry.

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”