CEP Leads

Gizmos and gear used in Helicopter Op's
SpinnyThing
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

CEP Leads

Postby SpinnyThing » Tue Sep 22 2020, 20:32

Does anyone know of a good set of CEP leads? I can only get about 4 months out of a set from red Barron. I can only seem to find the same ones everywhere else. The leads just keeps cracking and when my head is out the door they keep cutting in and out. Usually in the best part of song! Thanks all!
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: CEP Leads

Postby havick » Tue Sep 22 2020, 22:25

Switch out the CEP for helo CHAIS. Basically bomb proof. They use the same CEP plug.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
SpinnyThing
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SpinnyThing » Tue Sep 22 2020, 23:35

Thanks Havick. I have heard they are worse for reliability and that the tubes get full of gunk?
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed Sep 23 2020, 00:03

I guess everyone has their own experience. But I’ve had mine 6 years never had to replace tubes.

Even if you do switch tIves our they’re a fraction of the cost of CEP’s.

Whatever works for you I guess. Plus the moulded war plugs are more comfortable than cep tips.
UnObvious
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby UnObvious » Wed Sep 23 2020, 00:36

I was just wondering this the other day.
The cords are garbage, and not cheap to replace. Was hoping to find something that lasts a little longer.

I've heard the chais thing is no good if you do anything with doors off?
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed Sep 23 2020, 00:40

UnObvious wrote:I was just wondering this the other day.
The cords are garbage, and not cheap to replace. Was hoping to find something that lasts a little longer.

I've heard the chais thing is no good if you do anything with doors off?

I don’t know why helo chais would be any different doors off, it’s not ANR it’s basically the same passive system as CEP just the speakers are on the plug
Itself with tubes instead of the earpiece.

I’ve had no problems doors off in 212 and 412 and BK117 with helo chais as a point of reference.
UnObvious
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby UnObvious » Wed Sep 23 2020, 03:35

Fair enough, it was just something someone told me a while back.

I think it had to do with any kind of bumping of the tubes passing on those noises into the ear. Whereas CEP is wires and that acoustic banging isn't passed on.
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Icefather » Wed Sep 23 2020, 04:25

I have the HELO Chais system, I upgraded from the CEP wires and foam tips, after loosing the Foam tip in my ear a few times I was done.

As havick said Bombproof they are I really like them. Best part is the no loosing the foam tips deep in my ear and no cracking leads.

The moisture problem was apparently worse on the coiled hoses but the new set came with straight hoses and I haven’t had any issues with moisture or blocking hoses and I work up in PNG.

I just purchased a new Chais system as my last one was second had an the tubes were a bit short for my custom moulded tips they work great no issues so far.

It makes the Audio 5x louder due to the sound being directed straight into the ear. So no issues with the song cutting out.

I haven’t had any issues with the rubbing noises and I also fly 212s and 412s perfect for what I need.

Talk to Scott Wallis at Audio sculpt to source the Chais system. audiosculptsales@ gmail dot com the hardest part is getting custom ear plugs to suit the tubes ie holes all the way through. I live in NZ so I used pacificears to manufacture some plugs from moulds I had taken at bay audiology.

If you want any more help PM me.
SpinnyThing
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SpinnyThing » Wed Sep 23 2020, 11:11

Thanks for the help guys. I’ll give them a go, but will they fit straight into my custom ear moulds?
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Icefather » Wed Sep 23 2020, 11:39

SpinnyThing wrote:Thanks for the help guys. I’ll give them a go, but will they fit straight into my custom ear moulds?

Depends on who you go with, just make sure they have an attachment for an acoustic tube/a hole all the way through. I’m pretty sure the hoses that are sent with the kit are 2mm but a little bit of hot water and they slip on with a bit of effort.

The Helo Chais kit comes with a 90deg fittings and a short hose as well as a long one to go from the ear to the unit . So if you all ready have some custom moulded plugs for your CEP you could feed the hose through and trim the end off no problem.

This is the crowd I used. I used the NZ company but they have an Aussie site too. I went for the broadcaster ear plug, I got both left and right made canal type. and I went for a pro 26 filter. If I did it again I wouldn’t get the filter as it sucks in too much outside noise that i was trying to avoid. - I’m contemplating filling the extra hole with silicone or ordering a new set. The 90deg hose fitting sticks out a little bit but nothing to worry about and it rotates in the silicone. Just remove the white hose that comes with it and replace with the Black hoses from the Chais kit. Little bit of hot water to warm it up and it goes on and stays on.

NZ - https://www.pacificears.co.nz/product/b ... -earpiece/
Australia- https://pacificears.com.au/product/broa ... -earpiece/
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed Sep 23 2020, 14:36

Icefather wrote:
SpinnyThing wrote:Thanks for the help guys. I’ll give them a go, but will they fit straight into my custom ear moulds?

Depends on who you go with, just make sure they have an attachment for an acoustic tube/a hole all the way through. I’m pretty sure the hoses that are sent with the kit are 2mm but a little bit of hot water and they slip on with a bit of effort.

The Helo Chais kit comes with a 90deg fittings and a short hose as well as a long one to go from the ear to the unit . So if you all ready have some custom moulded plugs for your CEP you could feed the hose through and trim the end off no problem.

This is the crowd I used. I used the NZ company but they have an Aussie site too. I went for the broadcaster ear plug, I got both left and right made canal type. and I went for a pro 26 filter. If I did it again I wouldn’t get the filter as it sucks in too much outside noise that i was trying to avoid. - I’m contemplating filling the extra hole with silicone or ordering a new set. The 90deg hose fitting sticks out a little bit but nothing to worry about and it rotates in the silicone. Just remove the white hose that comes with it and replace with the Black hoses from the Chais kit. Little bit of hot water to warm it up and it goes on and stays on.

NZ - https://www.pacificears.co.nz/product/b ... -earpiece/
Australia- https://pacificears.com.au/product/broa ... -earpiece/

Any idea where to get replacement straight tubes? After 7 years and a couple years in storage it's probably a good time to replace them.
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Icefather » Wed Sep 23 2020, 22:21

Any idea where to get replacement straight tubes? After 7 years and a couple years in storage it's probably a good time to replace them.

Email Scott W and ask him. A new unit shipped to (NZ) was 190AUD
cupid stunt
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby cupid stunt » Wed Oct 6 2021, 09:40

Anyone got any leads (pardon the pun) for getting moulded tip added to a set of CEP wires? Audiosculpt site seems to have disappeared. Pref QLD but anything will do.

Cheers
CS
HOFO

Postby HOFO » Wed Oct 6 2021, 10:06

cupid stunt wrote:Anyone got any leads (pardon the pun) for getting moulded tip added to a set of CEP wires? Audiosculpt site seems to have disappeared. Pref QLD but anything will do.

Cheers
CS

Hey mate. Earmold Australia did my moulded CEP. Based in brissie :)

https://www.earmold.com.au/recreational ... ep-289.htm
cupid stunt
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby cupid stunt » Wed Oct 6 2021, 20:57

HOFO wrote:
cupid stunt wrote:Anyone got any leads (pardon the pun) for getting moulded tip added to a set of CEP wires? Audiosculpt site seems to have disappeared. Pref QLD but anything will do.

Cheers
CS

Legend, thanks bud
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Sat Oct 16 2021, 14:53

Is Scott even doing CHAIS anymore?
Blanchy

Postby Blanchy » Thu Jan 20 2022, 04:49

CyclicH145 wrote:Is Scott even doing CHAIS anymore?

Scott can't source parts for Helochaise anymore, he's said that wired cep's are mostly what's available now. :cry:
UnObvious
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby UnObvious » Sat Jan 22 2022, 18:06

The people who make CEP have a 12 month warranty on their product and that applies to leads purchased from a third party.
Gardiner
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Gardiner » Thu Jan 27 2022, 01:38

HOFO wrote:

Cheers
CS

I running these currently, they are very good.
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Sun Jan 30 2022, 10:25

SpinnyThing wrote:Does anyone know of a good set of CEP leads? I can only get about 4 months out of a set from red Barron. I can only seem to find the same ones everywhere else. The leads just keeps cracking and when my head is out the door they keep cutting in and out. Usually in the best part of song! Thanks all!

red baron have the leads. custom molds from nuerosensory

Return to “Equipment”