Chasing a helmet

Gizmos and gear used in Helicopter Op's
tail wind
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Chasing a helmet

Postby tail wind » Sun May 1 2022, 09:22

Hi All,

The time has come for me to get a helmet for an upcoming gig.

Before I go down the path of re-mortgaging the house to buy one new, if anyone has a helmet they are looking to part with please let me know. Preferably looking at a gallet or northwall, but happy to look at whatever is out there.

Cheers,
TW
Little Bird
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Chasing a helmet

Postby Little Bird » Mon May 2 2022, 22:57

Try eBay, often some goodies on there.
I actually just sold mine there, your message came just a bit too late I’m afraid.
plumber
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby plumber » Tue May 3 2022, 02:44

If you're a girl just start a go fund me.
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Tue May 3 2022, 12:00

tail wind wrote:Hi All,

The time has come for me to get a helmet for an upcoming gig.

Before I go down the path of re-mortgaging the house to buy one new, if anyone has a helmet they are looking to part with please let me know. Preferably looking at a gallet or northwall, but happy to look at whatever is out there.

Cheers,
TW

Contact matt Sisley at Sisley Clothing Australia. Evo rep - good gear
Izzy Fullashat
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Izzy Fullashat » Tue May 3 2022, 14:12

Hey Tail wind

What size you after?
OHH!!! CRAP I still cant come up with a catchy saying!!!!!!!
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby NZHelo » Tue May 3 2022, 21:42

plumber wrote:If you're a girl just start a go fund me.

Touché
LA_Driver

Postby LA_Driver » Fri May 6 2022, 18:27

I have a Gallet 350 (large) with Bose A20 installed as well as comfort liner for sale. Matte Gray. 18 months old probably around 200 hours of use.
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Sat May 7 2022, 01:14

NZHelo wrote:

Touché

pop;
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Wed May 11 2022, 09:31

CyclicH145 wrote:
NZHelo wrote:

Touché

pop;

I identify as a women and a lesbian. I meet the minoritory demographic, I too should start a go fund me page for helmet and type ratings...no? :D pop;
Dem winds are gonna blow
Ops normal
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Ops normal » Wed May 11 2022, 12:46

Gday tailwind
I have a north wall I would part with it’s about 6 years old in good order very comfortable but I can’t fit Bose in it so looking to change to something different. PM if interested
Cheers
dole time
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby dole time » Thu May 12 2022, 01:20

Ops normal wrote:Gday tailwind
I have a north wall I would part with it’s about 6 years old in good order very comfortable but I can’t fit Bose in it so looking to change to something different. PM if interested
Cheers

I got a northwall with a bose in it and I got a fat head, I reckon I'd have a bit of spare room for a lightspeeed h mod also. Even with the stock comms the northwall needs a bit of a method to Don and doff because of the shape of the shell around the cheeks/chinstrap
Just waiting for dole time.
Bee3
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Bee3 » Thu May 12 2022, 01:57

dole time wrote:
Ops normal wrote:Gday tailwind
Cheers

I got a northwall with a bose in it and I got a fat head, I reckon I'd have a bit of spare room for a lightspeeed h mod also. Even with the stock comms the northwall needs a bit of a method to Don and doff because of the shape of the shell around the cheeks/chinstrap

Sorry to Hi - Jack the thread but Red Baron told me they couldn’t fit a Lightspeed H mod in my Northwall??
dole time
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby dole time » Thu May 12 2022, 02:19

Bee3 wrote:
Sorry to Hi - Jack the thread but Red Baron told me they couldn’t fit a Lightspeed H mod in my Northwall??

Red Baron won't do a bise or a lightspeed into a northwall, I did the bose myself for a while and I'm on standard comms atm while a company in yankland modifies the wiring harness to make my a20 more appropriate. I already had an A20 and lightspeed don't supply the H mod directly, you have to go through a supplier and I couldn't be without my helmet for the time it would have taken., it's a pain because I would have preferred a new lightspeed and the wiring mod is costing almost as much as one.
Ops normal
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Ops normal » Thu May 12 2022, 12:31

Guessing my Northwall is a snug shell for me as I was unable to get my head in the helmet with the a20 cups hard against the shell, shame really as it has been comfortable out of the box.
dole time
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby dole time » Thu May 12 2022, 16:44

Ops normal wrote:Guessing my Northwall is a snug shell for me as I was unable to get my head in the helmet with the a20 cups hard against the shell, shame really as it has been comfortable out of the box.

Me too by shoving my head straight in, but with the standard comms it's awkward and uncomfortable that way too as the soft earcups fold over themselves and you get pressure points on the outside of your ears, and the speakers come loose from their fabric housings and press against your ears...

If you adjust the velcro straps behind the lining, the ones that link up with the tensioner so that at the loosest setting they run against the shell, you'll get a bit more leeway for adjustment.

When you Don and doff the helmet I put my thumbs in the bottom of the earcups and pry them outward, put my forehead against the forhead bit of the helmet, and then roll it back down onto my head, it's a bit awkward, but it's awkward with the standard comms as well, once the helmet is actually on you it's pretty comfortable. It's just that pseudo chinbar that the northwall has that makes donning and doffing it a bit awkward. Wearing a balaclava helps tuck your ears away like a moto helmet but not really necessary.

I think preferably I'd like to f#%k off the whole tensioner system and just pad it out with the velcro cushions. For comms I'm a bit annoyed with myself for going to an American company as I probably could have approached sissley for a modified bose as they do installs for their evos that they sell. Whatever.
Ops normal
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Ops normal » Fri May 13 2022, 23:49

Yeah Dole time I literally had the Velcro straps loose so the ear cup was hard against the shell and my scon was just never going to get in :cry:
Last I heard from Matt at Sisley was that they send the Bose back to America for fitment is that not the case anymore? Do they now do it in-house?

Return to “Equipment”