Gizmos and gear used in Helicopter Op's
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Aspida Helmet review

Postby Icefather » Sun Jun 6 2021, 01:28

Slapsticks,

In the market to replace my old Alpha.

Looking for anyone who has purchased an Aspida Helmet that Red Baron sell. Preferably looking for anyone who installed an H-Mod in them.
Looking for honest reviews on quality; fitment; weight; time of delivery; what you like and don't like ?

https://www. redbaronalse.com.au/product/aviation-flight-helmet-aspida/
pop;

Cheers,

IF
robaussie99
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Aspida Helmet review

Postby robaussie99 » Sun Jun 6 2021, 03:03

Curious what you disliked about your alpha to the point where you’re considering alternatives? Never used the one in question, but love my alpha. Can’t fault it!
CyclicH145
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby CyclicH145 » Sun Jun 6 2021, 05:37

Hi

Flown with it. Did a series of trials in piston and turbine.

Nothing I didnt like!

They can fit CEP if asked.
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Icefather » Sun Jun 6 2021, 10:32

robaussie99 wrote:Curious what you disliked about your alpha to the point where you’re considering alternatives? Never used the one in question, but love my alpha. Can’t fault it!

Mine is an old 200/400 been refurbished once when I got it second hand. It’s getting a bit tired and trying to get certain parts for it have made it frustrating.

Mainly When long lining and looking down I find it is a little bit too heavy and end up with a sore neck for a few days after. Other than that can’t fault the helmet itself! Once I pick the right helmet liner to wear ffs 8)
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Sun Jun 6 2021, 17:57

I’ve had my Aspida for a few years now, love it. Very light, I took the visor off & fitted a peak which makes it lighter still. Mine was one of the first light speed Zulu fitments, for a $5k helmet I think the ear cup fitment & wiring is a bit agricultural. The liner is very comfy.
"Plan twice...Fly once"

Return to “Equipment”