Android apps

General stuff that gets thrown about when Helicopter Pilots shoot the Breeze.
Tate

Android apps

Postby Tate » Sat Dec 6 2014, 23:44

Hey guys have an android tablet and looking for nav and weather apps as I cannot get iTunes on my tablet and cannot use naipes or oz runways.
Any ideas would be great
Skeeter
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Android apps

Postby Skeeter » Sun Dec 7 2014, 00:19

Skid Marks
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Skid Marks » Sun Dec 7 2014, 23:30

I use AirNav Pro on my Android devices. Not as well featured as the Apple/iOS version of the same (which a lot of people complain about), but it's not as expensive as the iOS version either!

There's another nav app that's supposed to be pretty good too - unfortunately I cannot remember it's name for the life of me!

Not much use for the Aussies, but any NZ'ers watching this thread should check out Aero Tools NZ - it's fantastic, and exceptionally well priced.
HeliEng123

Postby HeliEng123 » Tue Dec 9 2014, 04:11

I use PocketFMS and EasyVFR when I cruise around OZ in a little bug smasher. They are from the same company. PocketFMS is a PC based nav planning and moving map etc. If you purchase it, you can get EasyVFR for free, and this is for android phones & tablets etc. You can just purchase EasyVFR by itself, but it is a heap nicer being able to sit in front of a PC to do you flight planning, then upload to your android device.
I use EasyVFR on a cheap 7" tablet that has an inbuilt GPS. I have just recently purchased a Garmin-Glo GPS receiver, and couple this to the tablet. No problems yet. My Samsung S4 mini is also capable of running EasyVFR.
The airspace data is updated every month, and the maps cover both NZ and OZ.
johnamaro

Postby johnamaro » Tue Sep 8 2020, 07:06

For Nav and weather you can use this multi-functional app which i have found on google
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ther&hl=en
You might have installed WhatsApp plus on your Android device and If you want to use WhatsApp with some extra features, then FMWhatsApp APK is available
Gardiner
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Gardiner » Wed Dec 2 2020, 04:50

gian

Postby gian » Wed Mar 30 2022, 17:22

There is an app named "Navbar Weather: weather forecast on navigation bar" It should help you or you can aslso download hamraaz here
Regards!
BridgetRussell

Postby BridgetRussell » Tue May 10 2022, 03:17

Aero Whatsapp is an app for Android that I don't know how to use.

Return to “On the Job”