Drones - Who Here Has What ??

UAV's, drivers, builders and the regulations.
Heli-Ops
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Drones - Who Here Has What ??

Postby Heli-Ops » Wed Jun 10 2015, 04:44

I have seen on a few threads that members have said they have a drone or two. How about seeing who has what :)

Me, I currently have an Inspire 1, a Phantom 2 Vision + and today just picked up my new Phantom 3 Professional.

Don't use them commercially, just for my own personal fun and some projects for my own magazines.

Ned 8)
SuperSix1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Drones - Who Here Has What ??

Postby SuperSix1 » Wed Jun 10 2015, 07:30

I will confess I am cheating because I have them as part of my drone training business... but anyway... S900, S800Evo, Inspire 1 (x2), Phantoms (many), TBS Discovery Pro, TBS Gemini (may be in pieces after last high speed crash!) Blade 200QX with FPV and HD Camera, lots of nano-style copters to get peoples thumbs moving, TBS Caipirinha, bunch of foamie fixed wing... waiting on 3DR Solo and 3DR Aero-M, lusting after DJI Matrice 100 with IR camera...
Heli-Ops
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Heli-Ops » Wed Jun 10 2015, 07:47

SS1,

This was more directed at the existing members here from the helo side of the house. Don't have to be einstein to know that you will have a selection of them.

Ned
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Wed Jun 10 2015, 10:30

That's a bit harsh Ned. You asked what we had, he told you. Let's not assume that a drone driver can't fly as well...

I have my eye on a TBS Discovery:

But until then I have two CX-10's :wink:

Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Jun 10 2015, 11:22

How many did you start with Helothere? ;)
flyboy111111
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby flyboy111111 » Wed Jun 10 2015, 14:28

I stand corrected , drone owners are defiantly of the same creed,they have now entered a pi$$ing comp as to who owns what.
SuperSix1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SuperSix1 » Wed Jun 10 2015, 14:46

or, maybe there is interest in what kit is out there and what others are using... not really that surprising that many helo pilots have multi-rotor drones as an interest in their downtime. And the tech coming out on platforms like the Matrice 100 is certainly worthy of some conversation. But it can be a p133ing contest to you if you like...
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Thu Jun 11 2015, 01:02

Jabberwocky wrote:How many did you start with Helothere? ;)

Started with one. The Bloke at the shop assured me it was a male. :wink:
flighttech
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby flighttech » Thu Jun 11 2015, 04:51

DJI S900, DJI inspire 1, DJI Phantom 3P, sky hero spy (y6) TBS discovery pro, TBS Caipirinha, miniquad nz spec class, waterproof drone foundly known as the merlin. And also on order a 3DR Solo
Zebt
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Zebt » Fri Jun 12 2015, 23:23

F550.
Scratch built 810cm hexa, including all carbon fiber vacuum/oven formed, DJI Naza V2, zenmuse gopro gimbal, iOSD, 16000mAh batt, giving 30 mins flight time with 15% in the tank depending on conditions. AUW 3.8kg
SuperSix1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby SuperSix1 » Sat Jun 13 2015, 00:57

How much can she lift Zebt, say and still fly for 5 min or so. I've been thinking of building one to 'long-line' a target... think balloon with 1.5L of water in it, target stickers pasted to it. Payload AUW including attachments circa 2kg?
Zebt
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Zebt » Sun Jun 14 2015, 21:46

SuperSix1 wrote:How much can she lift Zebt, say and still fly for 5 min or so. I've been thinking of building one to 'long-line' a target... think balloon with 1.5L of water in it, target stickers pasted to it. Payload AUW including attachments circa 2kg?

Not sure, my payload is only the Zenmuse and Gopro. I imagine it could lift quite a bit but would require a different high C battery, I use Multistars which have a very low rating, fine for general flight but if you were to raise the constant current draw it could be risky. It would be relatively easy to experiment, I don't have telemetry telling me current draw as I think that would be the best measure of load lift capability. My take off throttle is around 30% in full manual so plenty of power remaining.

Return to “Unmanned Aircraft Systems”