Oz Runways & UTM

Electronic Flight Bags, Apps and tips.
TreeTrimmer125
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Oz Runways & UTM

Postby TreeTrimmer125 » Mon Apr 12 2021, 02:30

First off - I am a big fan of Oz Runways and love it. It has its limitations as most softwares do and I'm not here to collect positive or negative feedback on the application.

What I would like to know is if anyone has worked out or knows if the programmers behind Oz Runways are working on an option to allow UTM's to be used in lieu of just the traditional lat/long formats.

Yes - its not all that big of a deal to get an UTM converter and then run that as a standalone and voila you have what you want in lat/long format and vice versa. It would however be (in my opinion) nice to have this option within the Oz Runways platform (?)

Thoughts? Recommendations? Maybe there is a way and I haven't found it yet?

Thanks it advance .... now Ill sit back and wait for ..... pop;
[*]if you have never failed, you haven't tried hard enough
stubble

Re: Oz Runways & UTM

Postby stubble » Mon Apr 12 2021, 07:20

G'day TT, in settings, have MGRS and UTM selected then if you have the crosshairs on, there will be a box on your screen with the Lat/Long. Just keep pressing the box and the format will change from DD MM SS to DD.DDD to UTM to UTM (MRGS Brand) to MGRS then to DD MM.M
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Oz Runways & UTM

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Apr 12 2021, 21:08

Is this for some sort of aerial survey by chance? OzRunways is fantastic and the people their are extremely friendly, approachable and open to help with new ideas. One thing I have seen over the years is people trying to use it for aerial survey/powerlines etc as it’s easy having your airspace boundaries on and in view. There are plenty of GIS apps out there that do survey work in a much higher degree of accuracy and ease. GIS by Garafa was the one we used to use.

Return to “EFB's”