Air Maestro - thoughts/opinions?

Electronic Flight Bags, Apps and tips.
averagejoe
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Air Maestro - thoughts/opinions?

Postby averagejoe » Thu Aug 13 2020, 01:31

Hi everyone,
Chasing feedback/info on Air Maestro, we are looking at moving over to it.
What do you like or hate about it?
Has anyone got any experience with the Safety package for their SMS etc without doing the flight and duties/rostering etc side of things through it? Thinking it might be a good first step to try the platform.
Thanks
Pegasus6au
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Air Maestro - thoughts/opinions?

Postby Pegasus6au » Fri Aug 14 2020, 16:32

I’ve used it a lot in the past. Great platform and when setup can easily tick all the boxes for any external audit and flight safety review.
PM me if you want to know more.
Grug

Postby Grug » Fri Aug 14 2020, 18:16

I've been through two companies in two countries now that used it and I would recommend it overall. Particularly the ability to customise it to your needs (either with their help or yourself if you have half a schmick in IT).

Some modules are not as mature as others though. Flight/duty and rostering are it's best two; the scheduling and exams modules are ok, but not as good as some other products (previous company I worked for used TakeFlight for scheduling and AM for everything else because of this). However, you pay a lot more for those apps, so the old adage holds.
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Fri Aug 14 2020, 18:48

I used AirMaestro at a few different companies since it started.

It’s a good overall package and can be tailored to your company mostly.

I’ve recently switched to smartsheets. It’s a pain to a set up but you can totally make smartsheets work exactly how you want it to, and it interfaces with their smartsheets app better for whatever forms and entries you build.

So AirMaestro is much easier to get going but won’t customize exactly how you want it to but it’s a proven product that works. The back end is just a little on the older side these days unless something has changed in the last few years.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Air Maestro by Avinet

Postby Air Maestro by Avinet » Mon Aug 17 2020, 03:34

havick wrote:I used AirMaestro at a few different companies since it started.

It’s a good overall package and can be tailored to your company mostly.

I’ve recently switched to smartsheets. It’s a pain to a set up but you can totally make smartsheets work exactly how you want it to, and it interfaces with their smartsheets app better for whatever forms and entries you build.

So AirMaestro is much easier to get going but won’t customize exactly how you want it to but it’s a proven product that works. The back end is just a little on the older side these days unless something has changed in the last few years.

Hi havick,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our Air Maestro software.

We wish to share that our upcoming release will now include the ability to submit electronic forms via our Air Maestro app, across both iOS and Android platforms. This will enable customers who already use the forms module to complete and submit forms via the new app, regardless of internet connectivity.

As you mentioned, Air Maestro is offered with a high degree of customisability to allow for the addition of custom fields and tabs unique to your operation, and the app platform is no exception.

Please feel free to contact us at sales@avinet.com.au if you would like to discuss any of the functionality discussed above.

Kind regards,
The Avinet Team
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Capt Hollywood » Mon Aug 17 2020, 05:51

We use Air Maestro for all our rostering, FDT, document storage, safety reports, hazard & risk register. It can take a little while to make friends with it but it is a very capable bit of software once you have your head around it (Creating forms has me stumped for the moment!)

I am looking forward to the new app to see how that could be integrated into our business.

Return to “EFB's”