Any work available?

tarnasky

Any work available?

Postby tarnasky » Mon Oct 5 2020, 08:21

Hey everyone my name is Mick just putting the feelers out there. Looking for work on the ground initially with a view to someday get up in the air as a crewman.

I haven't worked in the industry before, my background is military (foot soldier) and currently work as a chef. I have done a little bit of fixed wing flying (60 hours, RPL holder)

About me:

- 38 years old
- Reliable
- Hard working
- Fit

I have a CASA class 2 medical, CRM and DG training completed. Willing to do any kind of work within the industry and move anywhere for the right opportunity. I know its a long shot but please PM me if
your looking for someone.

Thanks,

Mick
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Any work available?

Postby Rotorpilot » Mon Oct 5 2020, 16:01

Hi Mick

Have a search in this forum for aircrewman as there is some previous post's about the subject and a bit of info for you.
(3 posts down from this one)

My suggestion would be to back to the army and get experienced if possible and come back to the civy world.
Then use your transfer of qualifications money and the hours of experience to get into it.

otherwise its around 50k to do the training as a civilian plus gaining the experience somehow????

CASA is gearing everything to suit ex military so your part the way there.

good luck. I see they are advertising a few jobs around the country at the moment.
Dem winds are gonna blow
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Tue Oct 6 2020, 05:53

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but in 2020, the chances of becoming a rescue crewman through a civvy route are slim to bugger all. It’s like a new CPL wanting to fly turbine MECIR. Sure, if your pockets are deep enough, you can buy all the right pieces of paper, but you’ll still be up against military pilots that have hundreds of hours more actual experience putting those same pieces of paper to work.

The only exceptions I’m aware of are: QLD GovAir hire a new crewman once every few years with zero experience as they prefer to train their way from scratch; and, the surf life saving route which involves joining a club near a base that runs a rescue helo with volunteer rescue swimmers, getting fit AF, and then being the guy they choose at the next highly competitive selection course.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Wed Oct 7 2020, 00:31

"CASA is gearing everything to suit ex military so your part the way there."

Bold statement.................................................
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Wed Oct 7 2020, 10:39

hand in pants wrote:"CASA is gearing everything to suit ex military so your part the way there."

Bold statement.................................................

wow that's a lot of ................ :D pop;

okay let me rephrase that.....to suit ex military aviators so your should go back to the army and get Aviation experience that way your...................................
Dem winds are gonna blow
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Wed Oct 7 2020, 22:33

My point is, how is "CASA is gearing everything to suit ex military."
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!

Return to “Rescue Crew / Air crew officer / Winch Op's Required”