Pilot- NPWS

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Pilot- NPWS

Postby Twistgrip » Mon May 17 2021, 11:41

"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Pilot- NPWS

Postby godfather007 » Tue May 18 2021, 20:02

Interesting.
There is always an option.
cupid stunt
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby cupid stunt » Tue May 18 2021, 22:54

godfather007 wrote:Interesting.

How so?
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed May 19 2021, 12:07

It's a good job, if you are interested you should apply.
Aluminium-Cloud

Postby Aluminium-Cloud » Thu May 20 2021, 00:51

Jabberwocky wrote:It's a good job, if you are interested you should apply.

That’s not what I’ve been told!!! I called around as I thought this could be a cool job too and I got a mate who works on the ground for them. Story I hear is Parkair is plagued with issues and has been for years. I was told staff quit left right and centre and roster is apparently “do what your told”. Staff mistreatment is a huge issue and has been going on for years.
I also heard the last Chief Pilot went MIA and the new bloke is the worst yet! He also said they had some issue with winch cable snapping a while ago and he doesn’t want to go near them again.

So I agree with Godfather..........Interesting.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Thu May 20 2021, 05:46

Ask you you shall receive...... **^**
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Thu May 20 2021, 07:19

That’s not what I’ve been told!!! I called around as I thought this could be a cool job too and I got a mate who works on the ground for them.
We don’t have anyone working on the ground for us per se but we do work with plenty of great staff with the program work. They usually work the ground for the pilots to minimise getting our boots dirty when entering and exiting the aircraft. One of the job benefits.
Story I hear is Parkair is plagued with issues and has been for years.
Always has been, always will be. We must buy our own coffee which is bull s#!t in my opinion. GovCo benefits my arse.
I was told staff quit left right and centre and roster is apparently “do what your told”.
You are indeed correct. We’ve lost several very good staff the last few years. Things changed and they moved on, but they are still held in high regard.
Everyone in there better do what they are told!
Damn straight!
Staff mistreatment is a huge issue and has been going on for years.
Sure is. We keep getting told we must use our leave, or we have to sell it. I remember the good old days when it was just taken off you.

I also heard the last Chief Pilot went MIA
He went swimming at Portsea and hasn’t been sighted since...
and the new bloke is the worst yet!
100% correct, he can not swim for s#!t!
He also said they had some issue with winch cable snapping a while ago and he doesn’t want to go near them again.
With all our trying, we haven’t managed to snap another. Very frustrating.

I agree too, Godfather is interesting, the third one was a bit of a let-down although better than the reviews it received in my opinion.

I obviously work at ParkAir. I'm fortunate enough to work with some very skilful pilots, crew persons and Parks staff in general. It's not for everyone but it's the best job I've ever had. Link is in the first post if you want to apply.
Bigal

Postby Bigal » Thu May 20 2021, 10:11

This is a great opportunity for any pilot to join a great professional team.
Its not for everybody, but if you like a variety of flying put in a application.
Jimmy Riccard
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Jimmy Riccard » Thu May 20 2021, 10:53

Aluminium-Cloud wrote:

That’s not what I’ve been told!!! I called around as I thought this could be a cool job too and I got a mate who works on the ground for them. Story I hear is Parkair is plagued with issues and has been for years. I was told staff quit left right and centre and roster is apparently “do what your told”. Staff mistreatment is a huge issue and has been going on for years.
I also heard the last Chief Pilot went MIA and the new bloke is the worst yet! He also said they had some issue with winch cable snapping a while ago and he doesn’t want to go near them again.

I totally agree with aluminium-cloud.

The level of toxicity in this place is widely known. They lost 7 staff in 2 years (speaks volumes for such a small team)......

They’ve had numerous inquiries and managers brought in to purge the place of its bullying and harassment culture with little effect (I’m told by numerous current serving staff).

Reference aluminium-clouds CP comments- As the saying goes ‘cut off the head of the snake another one grows in its place, so why cut off the head instead just throw the snake in a frying pan...’

This could be the best job in the country. Shame it’s not.

J R
zipp
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby zipp » Thu May 20 2021, 12:05

Got an interview with them a few years back. Dragged my ar#e all the way to Sydney for it. Had every qualification needed as per ad. Got an interview then told I did not have qualifications to do flight check and could not progress. I did and got some story about regs as to why I was not qualified!

Tell me I’m not right for the job is fine but don’t try and lie to me about some made up regs and then employ your mates!!!!

The guy who is the contact for this job was one of the interview people and was rude as, so good luck all.

Jaberwocky are you management????
lowlevelhell
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby lowlevelhell » Fri May 21 2021, 02:22

I've seen this job advertised regularly since I was made redundant way back in 2014. High turnover of staff in ANY position is never a good sign. Peace of mind over a big paycheck is PRICELESS! :wink:
No bucks? No Buck Rogers! 8)
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Fri May 21 2021, 08:32

All very interesting.
Izzy Fullashat
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Izzy Fullashat » Fri May 21 2021, 11:02

Oc:= exactly why I'm happy that I left the industry, worked with both jabberwocky and god father 007! Great pilots. They went with best advancement for them! If you nay sayers dont like advert dont apply!! Cant hurt my advancement in the industry I'm done!!

Cheers think I am!!!
OHH!!! CRAP I still cant come up with a catchy saying!!!!!!!
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Mon May 24 2021, 09:05

Hey Izzy.
Your pretty sharp on the sticks mate.
Any time you want to come back to the dark side, let me know.
Funny how this industry churns.
GF.
Aluminium-Cloud

Postby Aluminium-Cloud » Mon May 24 2021, 18:59

I can’t see where anyone said the pilots were not skilled or the like! What I can see from this is that my mates advise to me is supported by others and he was not talking crap. He told me a hell of a lot more to it than my previous and not any good news. He’s much happier working with the local guys and said they are safer and all good guys. YES interesting

I’ve worked for some bad company’s and wished I had been told beforehand because being treated like crap is the last thing we need when we spend more time at work than we do home. A place like this can cause marriage break ups and all sorts of other issues for someone. I made that mistake once and ended up with AIDS (aviation induced divorce syndrome) and a huge part of that was my crap boss and a bad out fit and me taking that home occasionally.

So thanks for the PR pitch Jabberwocky but cant say you will see my application as I’m not chasing “advancement” and I’m not lazy so can keep my own boots clean!

For all you single, lonely or want to be single and lonely people chasing “advancement” good luck. Sounds like your going to need it!
TreeTrimmer125
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby TreeTrimmer125 » Tue May 25 2021, 02:49

I wish I could - Don't have much in the sense of 100ft longline experience - done all but 8-10 hrs.... This type of work wold be my dream gig tho the longline experience is just one big hurdle to get past.
[*]if you have never failed, you haven't tried hard enough
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Tue Jun 8 2021, 09:21

Hey there Slappers.
Hope you are all happy and successful with your dream jobs, or at least trying to get there.

As a cleaner I’m making this post for clarity.

Many years ago a very old Pilot said that us drivers need to stick together and not bag each other...

Rumours say I Was one of the other honest input posters above. So Not true!!
I’m confident they are factual and based off experience.
I have just been observing and have actual experience too.
I say to those who have accusations on me, do your research on who I am. Call me to line up a face to face. Grow some balls! (If you don’t know, get connected!) Be very careful with your mouth. This is a very small and tight industry.
Rumours travel fast. Reputations can be trashed Very easy and for some reason (this industry is Worst than the modelling industry...Bitching!!!) And this industry is full of ladder climbers and head trudges to mention a few. Be very careful of your dreams and aspirations that travel through your lips.
Other operators know the difference and will employ based on facts.
GF will live on and enjoy his family time and life in general, weather it’s in a helicopter to fly or not.
ATM I still fly many days a week and I’m loving it.
GF out.
Friendly Black Dog
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Friendly Black Dog » Tue Jun 8 2021, 10:01

Got that off your chest now GF? :D
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Tue Jun 8 2021, 10:40

FBD. Lol.
You have my number.
And you know.
plumber
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby plumber » Sun Jun 13 2021, 13:23

The “It’s a small industry” garbage is getting old. And with your threatening tone I can see that most of the negative posts are probably true. Just stick to pushing around your employees the rest of us will be fine without you.

Return to “Pilots Required”