Election 2013

Got a good idea for Bladeslapper? Suggest it here.
Coriolis
1st Dan
1st Dan

Election 2013

Postby Coriolis » Sat Aug 3 2013, 01:32

Krudd will probably call an election for 7th September tomorrow or Monday. We, as an industry, are at a crossroads with some serious and considered decisions due very shortly.
Albanese, the supposed minister for Transport and Infrastructure, has done absolutely nothing for aviation in the past 6 years. The Carbon Tax has hurt our industry with huge increases in costs (including the flow down costs from maintenance, rents, electricity etc) with no significant outcomes for the environment achieved at all. The burdomsome regulatory changes being foistered upon us presently have occurred with insufficient industry consultation and no proven justification for such changes other than change for the sake of change.
When Krudd does call an election, our industry should put aside political persuasions and leanings, and make a decision on what is best for our industry. The choices are pretty stark really, either more of the same (read NOTHING) or just perhaps a chance at least that we'll get a Minister who is capable and willing to do the job properly, fairly and to a standard we expect!
Life is like a ferris wheel;
Some days your on the top,
some days your on the botton!
KNOW NUFFEN
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Election 2013

Postby KNOW NUFFEN » Sat Aug 3 2013, 01:35

Sounds like a job for the AHIA ,I'm only an observer but I think I will pay a $50 membership .

Return to “Bladeslapper Suggestions (and gripes)”