Anyone recently taken a offshore job?

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
pushrod
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Anyone recently taken a offshore job?

Postby pushrod » Thu Sep 1 2022, 15:30

Does anyone have an ear to the ground on the current requirements for offshore co-pilot entry? Is a full IR required as advertised or are IREX passes being accepted? And are ATPL exam still being asked for? Plus any other knowledge of the process would be much appreciated.
Fill-level
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Anyone recently taken a offshore job?

Postby Fill-level » Thu Sep 1 2022, 23:56

PHI recently did some sim checks , recently for cadet pilot positions , which was fully funded. I believe those candidates required was a pass in irex and a NVFR.

Yet recently PHI are advertising for co-pilots requiring a MEIR and a aw139 type rating.

The pilots I know who got jobs last 6-8 months have already obtained a MEIR , some were given a AW139 type rating.

Take of it what you will.

With the labor government now looking at 200,000 intake for immigration per year , I'm sure there will be plenty to choose from for the off shore operators.
pushrod
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby pushrod » Fri Sep 2 2022, 03:44

Hmm fair enough, thanks mate. I guess ill start with the easy things and go from there. Do you happen to know what the intakes starting pay is?
Yankee
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yankee » Fri Sep 2 2022, 07:38

pop; pop; pop;
Don't think of yourself as and ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Sep 2 2022, 07:52

pushrod wrote:Hmm fair enough, thanks mate. I guess ill start with the easy things and go from there. Do you happen to know what the intakes starting pay is?

You can do a search on fair work for companies such as CHC enterprise agreements etc. The pay scale and allowance information will be there :wink:
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"

Return to “General Employment Questions”