Air Pilot Award 2020 - 1 Feb 2021 Update

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
Mick Cullen
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Air Pilot Award 2020 - 1 Feb 2021 Update

Postby Mick Cullen » Tue Feb 9 2021, 10:01

Haven't seen it discussed here but the Air Pilot Award was updated on 1 Feb 2021
Can be accessed in full here: http://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000046%20Air%20Pilot%20Award%202020

Changes that I can see are limited to payment figure increases across allowances and salaries. Probably not a bad time to revisit what entitlements you have.

The minimum award salary has increased from $55,474 -> $56,445 plus super.

As an industry I think we do a pretty poor job of educating new pilots on the Award. I think most of our backseaters/rescue crewmen are on their own EBAs. Personally what I've learnt about the Award has been adhoc and through first hand experience at the time.

I'm working on recording a chat with one of the pilot support organisations about the Award and where they have seen their members come unstuck. I'll share it here when its done if there is interest.

It would be great if you had anything to add and share.

* Is there any big changes in the recent revision that I missed?

* What are the key bits of the award that you would point a new pilot towards or that you wished someone had pointed out to you early on?

* What parts of the Award have you seen poorly understood by pilots and employers in your travels?

* What questions of your own do you have that I might be able to ask an expert and get an answer back to you on?
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Air Pilot Award 2020 - 1 Feb 2021 Update

Postby Rotorpilot » Fri Mar 25 2022, 19:13

Was looking at the Job for Cairns and Darwin and saw some comments about the Air Pilot Award and seems there are a few people who are wondering why we have such a bad base line.

Thought it best to comment here rather than on the jobs wanted post.
It's great there are jobs being advitised.

Who Governs the Air pilot award and why is it so painfully low for us?
Dem winds are gonna blow
Huet

Re: Air Pilot Award 2020 - 1 Feb 2021 Update

Postby Huet » Mon Mar 28 2022, 11:33

Isn’t AFAP the guardian of the pilot award?

Great to see helicopter backseat aircrew coming under the award.

Return to “General Employment Questions”