Starting out in the Industry

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
Afroman

Starting out in the Industry

Postby Afroman » Tue Feb 9 2021, 05:51

Hi All,
I am a long-time reader and first time poster. I have just finished converting my FAA to Casa Cplh, and I am beginning the search for my first flying job. I have over 170hrs TT, mostly in 22's and 44's. I currently work in an aircrew role and would eventually like to sit up front. If anyone has the time and is willing to have a chat, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cleared Hot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Starting out in the Industry

Postby Cleared Hot » Sun Feb 14 2021, 02:45

Good luck, unfortunately its not a easy road. your lucky in a way your involved in the industry in some kind of capacity and word of mouth is more important then anything else, Some guys have done road trips to introduce yourself to operators, as a face might work better than a email. There have been a couple entry level jobs listed recently, keep your eye out on here and Helijobs website etc.
Assume the Position
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Starting out in the Industry

Postby bigglesbutler » Sun Feb 14 2021, 04:25

This may be of interest if you are technical crew, your experience may be of interest to them.

https://jasonwalburn44.wixsite.com/helicopterpilotjobs/single-post/eoi-aw139-first-offer-fixed-based-tindal-nt

Good luck, keep your chin up and as a wise old captain once said to me............... "Don't let the B@stards get you down". It is rough out here at the moment but there does seem to be some movement on the horizon.

Si

Return to “General Employment Questions”