pilot maintenance

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Gasket18
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

pilot maintenance

Postby Gasket18 » Tue Dec 1 2020, 08:34

Well have my second attempt at law this Saturday. Still not getting best results in tests but am close again. I have had a couple of questions on what maintenance a pilot can perform on class B aircraft. I have actually found a list however it's not in any permitted material the copy I found. As far as I can tell it's called schedule 8. I presumed it was a CAR as that's where all the rules on who can perform maintenance etc is. However I haven't located it. Does anyone know where it is actually located, CAR, CASR, CAO, AIP, ERSA cheers
pop;
Gasket18
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: pilot maintenance

Postby Gasket18 » Tue Dec 1 2020, 08:46

ok so I have an issue again with my copy of CAR. I just found the schedule at the end of the CARs online in subdivision 2-part 145 yadda yadda. it has CAR 143 compliance with part 4b. then it has schedule 5-9 listed after that online. My copy ends at CAR 143. I only purchased it when I started studying law so like 4 months ago. It has all the same edition numbers as the one online. Also in my copy os CASR part 61 for licencing theres 2 paragraphs missing from one of them. I only found out as I failed a question that asked that particular hours required. So I wrote it on the page and they took it off me during the exam, even tho I proved it was online. What are you meant to do if the copies you buy from CASA are incorrect.
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: pilot maintenance

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Tue Dec 1 2020, 08:55

Bob Tait’s CPL law extract is the way to go. I used it for CPL and then added the missing material for ATPL. :cool_slp:

Return to “Flight Training”