FIRE HELI's + MORE

A bunch of pics as supplied by members. You cant upload here but you can upload to the gallery linked above.
Helitac668

FIRE HELI's + MORE

Postby Helitac668 » Wed Jul 20 2011, 12:14

G'day All

Just wanted to post a link to my Flickr Page. I have taken a few nice pics of Helicopters in Western Australia and just wanted to share them. Just make sure you check out the images of the Fire Fighting Helicopters because they are awesome :D

Url to my "Things that fly" photo set is http://www.flickr.com/photos/jack_moth-oneill/sets/72157626917360823/

Hope you enjoy :D
Lust For Flight

Re: FIRE HELI's + MORE

Postby Lust For Flight » Thu Jul 21 2011, 00:45

Giday mate,

Some nice photos you have there.

However, I do not personally think that "A Western Australian Helitac coming dangerously close to HIgh Voltage Power Lines in Midland."
is an appropriate caption.
Not that I am a spoil sport, but thowing about titles like that can very easily be read out of context by the uneducated viewer. These are profesional operators doing a job they are competent and trained to do, and any even slight rumours of unsafe practises about an operator can have a chinese whispers effect and cause all sorts of problems.
It is very difficult looking at a two dimensional picture from an angle such as this to really get any depth perception and therefore no way to be making such big claims as "dangerously close".
I am sure you mean no harm by this and were just looking for an interesting caption, but my point is just that "dangerous" is not a nice word to describe someone trying to make a living in this business.
Helitac668

Postby Helitac668 » Thu Jul 21 2011, 07:24

Lust For Flight wrote:Giday mate,

Some nice photos you have there.

However, I do not personally think that "A Western Australian Helitac coming dangerously close to HIgh Voltage Power Lines in Midland."
is an appropriate caption.
Not that I am a spoil sport, but thowing about titles like that can very easily be read out of context by the uneducated viewer. These are profesional operators doing a job they are competent and trained to do, and any even slight rumours of unsafe practises about an operator can have a chinese whispers effect and cause all sorts of problems.
It is very difficult looking at a two dimensional picture from an angle such as this to really get any depth perception and therefore no way to be making such big claims as "dangerously close".
I am sure you mean no harm by this and were just looking for an interesting caption, but my point is just that "dangerous" is not a nice word to describe someone trying to make a living in this business.

I am extremely sorry and i didnt mean to cause any outrage, offence or concern to the caption posted for the image at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jack_moth-oneill/5869100701/in/photostream/. I meant no harm and i was using it as an interesting caption. I am fully aware that these pilots are specially trained for their operations including working near power lines, operating their equipment, low level flying and much more. In regards to Lust For Flight's post, I have decided to change the caption to "A Western Australian Helitac dumping one of its final loads onto a Midland Scrub Fire".
I must also praise the work of all the people involved in aerial and ground firefighting. They do a fantastic job in protecting people, buildings, wildlife and other important things. I wish them all the best.
Helitac668

Postby Helitac668 » Tue Sep 6 2011, 11:16

To those interested, my flickr site has been updated

There are several new changes including photo sets being changed (NEW LINKS) and divided in 'Collections' for easier location. Some of the 'Collections' include 'Transportation' and 'Fire Support'. Link to 'Collections' page is http://www.flickr.com/photos/jack_moth-oneill/collections/

Another change, is that the set "Things that fly" has been removed and replaced as a collection called 'Transportation'.

Although there are some changes, the link to my main 'Photostream' (where all photos are viewed) remains the same. The link for this is http://www.flickr.com/photos/jack_moth-oneill/

Regards
Jack Moth-O'Neill

Return to “Heli Pic's”