Rotortech to Goldcoast

What have you heard?
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Rotortech to Goldcoast

Postby Rotorpilot » Tue Jun 21 2022, 00:03

:cry: very disappointing to hear Rotortech going to Goldcoast 2024.

Sunshine coast was good although I understand the move to Brisbane, but to go to the Goldcoast is just annoying.

Proves sunshine and Brisbane need to improve Convention facilities to cater for events like ours or others.
Dem winds are gonna blow
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Rotortech to Goldcoast

Postby Hello Pilots » Tue Jun 21 2022, 01:35

"to go to the Gold Coast is just annoying"......Please explain
Chopper Guy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Chopper Guy » Tue Jun 21 2022, 02:53

Hello Pilots wrote:"to go to the Gold Coast is just annoying"......Please explain

I can't comment on the Sunshine Coast location, but from what I understand the Gold Coast location will allow exhibitors to fly in and have the static display outdoors again.

It was allowed in Brisbane last year, but not this year. Bit of a bugger considering how cool it was to fly into the field and have all the aircraft on display.
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Tue Jun 21 2022, 11:29

Hello Pilots wrote:"to go to the Gold Coast is just annoying"......Please explain

Really...so you've never been to the GC?
Its not convenient or plesant.
If you have have been there then your part of the problem. Not the solution.

The place is the Miami or arsehole of Australia's east coast. Not easy to get around and just another money grab for them.

There is more to qld than that place and more to Australia.
Brisbane and sunny coast were fine. It's just time they stepped up to the plate.
Dem winds are gonna blow
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Wed Jun 22 2022, 10:21

Watch out, this kittens got claws.
Not convenient? They have an airport and highways that run directly to it.
Millions of people love the place. Theme parks for the kids, beaches for miles, surfing and don’t forget the weather. Light rail takes passengers the majority of the way through the main precincts. Uber is also there.
The reason why it could have moved south is because those mentioned areas could in fact not step up to said plate.
Other than getting off the plane to head north or south there isn’t much to do in Brisbane.

P.S I’m not sure how people going to visit different parts of the country is “part of the problem” especially after the hardship many people have been though (especially the tourism sector) because of covid. Also, I’m sure the helicopter operators on the GC would love hearing youR pearls of wisdom in support of our industry.
Wannabe60Driver
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Wannabe60Driver » Thu Jun 23 2022, 00:34

Spoke to people about this at Rotortech yesterday and it wasn’t that fly-ins weren’t allowed, it’s that the exhibition centre saw a chance for a money grab and wanted $20k to land on the RNA Showgrounds.

Apparently Royal Pines doesn’t mind shutting down part of a golf course for us to land and that doesn’t sound so bad.

As for the GC being the ar&ehole of the universe, I’ve been lucky enough to live in a few places in Oz and overseas, and not much beats taking dinner down to Burleigh hill with the missus of an evening to eat it with a beer in hand. Can’t imagine anyone visiting the GC from interstate or internationally next year can’t find whatever blows their hair back in their downtime.

Return to “I heard...”