Zulu 3 or A20

Gizmos and gear used in Helicopter Op's
garly1
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Zulu 3 or A20

Postby garly1 » Mon May 7 2018, 22:09

Gidday all,

Looking at finally getting a noise cancelling headset, leaning towards the Zulu 3 as I can trade in and like what I read but I'm after some thoughts from people actually using them.

Thanks in advance.

Garly1
rotors99
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Zulu 3 or A20

Postby rotors99 » Mon May 7 2018, 23:23

A20 is vastly superior & more comfortable. But most importantly flying Helicopters You should be wearing a Helmet!
Mallard
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Mallard » Tue May 8 2018, 02:25

zulus are a better fit if you have big ears (or a funny shaped head like me)... I would go and try both and and see how what you like.

I chose the zulu2's over the A20s... didnt like the hinged headband on the A20s. Also check out the wireless tango's if your going to be in and out of the machine quite a bit.

You could also look for a used set of DC with noise cancelling and save money for a helmet depending on where your going etc... upgraded with the oregon aero kit they are a nice headset.
garly1
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby garly1 » Tue May 8 2018, 04:08

Thanks for the replies. I have a helmet and use it when lifting etc. Keeping hold if my old DC's as it's not worth selling them. I used an A20 for around 4 months and liked the noise cancelling but didn't think they were that comfy on big days and all the cable and box was a pain in the arse jumping in and out. We have a set of wireless Tango's which are great for shooting etc but don't rate them as a quality everyday use headset, quite flimsy and don't last long on the battery, after some first hand knowledge on the Zulu 3s if anyone owns them.

Return to “Equipment”