Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Ansett Aviation
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Robinson R44 Pilot Wanted

Postby Ansett Aviation » Thu Mar 8 2018, 00:06

Robinson R44 Pilot Wanted

A position is available for a highly motivated pilot, based in Broome WA

Ansett Aviation provides scenic flights in a few locations Australia wide. Broome, Bungle Bungles, Gladstone and Launceston.

The position will be for a pilot willing to move between locations at short notice, but primarily Broome. High dress standards and communication skills required. The successful applicant will be required to promote scenic flights to groups of tourists.

The successful pilot will be required to relocate themselves to Broome and have a vehicle. ( scooter ok )

Minimum Requirements:
Max weight 80 KG
R44 - 250 pic and current .
CPL(h) at least 6 months till BFR
Class 1 medical
ASIC
DG
Non Smoker

Please contact Will Richards with CV will@ansettaviation.com.au
Chris Butler

Re: Robinson R44 Pilot Wanted

Postby Chris Butler » Thu Mar 8 2018, 01:57

Is not 80 Kg a tad discriminatory?
Do you limit your passengers for being too fat?
pohm1
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby pohm1 » Thu Mar 8 2018, 02:26

A slim pilot means there’s more payload available for larger pax.
bladefapper

Postby bladefapper » Thu Mar 8 2018, 07:25

pohm1 wrote:A slim pilot means there’s more payload available for larger pax.

Even though we understand why there is weight requirement, the mere fact that he has both a weight and age limit stated is breaking the law.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Thu Mar 8 2018, 08:05

bladefapper wrote:

Even though we understand why there is weight requirement, the mere fact that he has both a weight and age limit stated is breaking the law.

Call Nanna.
She’ll be furious.
Penance will be demanded.
KOALA
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby KOALA » Thu Mar 8 2018, 08:27

bladefapper wrote:

What is with “slappers” on here always shooting down companies advertising for pilots? They have just specified their requirements, for this specific operation so not to waste the time of Pilots applying and the advertiser going through what I am sure will still be countless unsuitable CV’s?!?!

I reckon the age limit probably has a lot to do with the insurance for the company and as already stated, the “weight” regarding helicopter weight restrictions working in a very hot climate for most of the year in a small helicopter.
Have you been to Broome?

I do not think there is anything wrong with the job ad at all. Anyone that does, Grow up or bugger off.
I am surprised no one has criticized them about needing an ASIC or DG cert yet, although, the night is still young!!!! pop; pop;

Well done to Ansett Aviation for advertising, what sounds like an excellent opportunity for motivated pilot to get a start with room to progress. (c:_ol

Best of luck to AA and the lucky pilot they select. 8)
Aspiring HEMS pilot 8)
Probbo
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Probbo » Thu Mar 8 2018, 08:36

I’m not sure if it’s against the law by being specific about age and weight. I can see that by being upfront about those specifics that it could save everyone’s time and money. Rather than interview a bunch of people who ultimately won’t be employed due to them being inside/outside what their looking for.
I think we all fudge our weight a couple of KG’s from time to time! I’m not sure it’s possible to change your age though GEN Z :D
heliA1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby heliA1 » Thu Mar 8 2018, 10:04

Obviously not too many nearly 100kg r44 pilots dealing with doing weight and balances every day commenting on this topic. It’s not the max gross weight that’s the issue it’s forward c of g try working one out with 3 x 85 kg pax for example and a 95 kg pilot there’s always forward c of g issues the 44 may as well only be a too person helicopter most days with a heavy pilot then he may as well have a 300! Don’t blame employers having to state that. pop;
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby heli2o » Thu Mar 8 2018, 10:14

Chris Butler wrote:Is not 80 Kg a tad discriminatory?
Do you limit your passengers for being too fat?

Yes, when they over 136kg or the belt don't fit pop;
UnObvious
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby UnObvious » Thu Mar 8 2018, 21:42

skypig wrote:
bladefapper wrote:

Call Nanna.
She’ll be furious.

Regardless of Nanna's thoughts, it is actually illegal to discriminate based on age.

http://www.humanrights.gov.au/employers ... rimination

tl;dr-
The Age Discrimination Act 2004 (ADA) prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of age. It applies to young and older workers alike.
Hueyman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Hueyman » Fri Mar 9 2018, 08:35

UnObvious wrote:
skypig wrote:
bladefapper wrote:Even though we understand why there is weight requirement, the mere fact that he has both a weight and age limit stated is breaking the law.

Call Nanna.
She’ll be furious.

Regardless of Nanna's thoughts, it is actually illegal to discriminate based on age.

tl;dr-
The Age Discrimination Act 2004 (ADA) prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of age. It applies to young and older workers alike.

It happeneds all the time it's called cryteria or short sightedness depending on the veiw you take.

The other is work for free. ''You don't want to?'' then you don't meet our requirements sorry. You do and oh great you will gain fantastic commercial experience.....no flight time though.... Oh you do that for free too? Ok your hired.

Sad earn your stripes/you offer me nothing till I can take advantage of you mentality this line of work unfortunately.
charlie don't surf! (c:_ol
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Fri Mar 9 2018, 08:39

Hueyman wrote:
UnObvious wrote:
skypig wrote:
Call Nanna.
She’ll be furious.

tl;dr-

It happeneds all the time it's called cryteria or short sightedness depending on the veiw you take.

The other is work for free. ''You don't want to?'' then you don't meet our requirements sorry. You do and oh great you will gain fantastic commercial experience.....no flight time though.... Oh you do that for free too? Ok your hired.

Sad earn your stripes/you offer me nothing till I can take advantage of you mentality this line of work unfortunately.

You just broke my brain
Hueyman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Hueyman » Fri Mar 9 2018, 08:43

Hello Pilots wrote:
Hueyman wrote:
UnObvious wrote:

tl;dr-

You just broke my brain

Haha sorry for that.
Yes it did go a bit wayward.
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Icefather » Fri Mar 9 2018, 08:50

Hueyman wrote:
Hello Pilots wrote:
Hueyman wrote:

You just broke my brain

Haha sorry for that.
Yes it did go a bit wayward.

At the risk of sounding naive, this mentality relies on the pilot not realising that if that helicopter doesn’t fly his boss doesn’t make any money ... Regardless of wether there is someother desperate soul willing to replace said pilot with, wouldn’t an operator want to have good loyal staff who actually want to be there ?

This operator vs. pilot bs is insane, shouldn’t we be trying to work together?
Hueyman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Hueyman » Fri Mar 9 2018, 09:22

At the risk of sounding naive, this mentality relies on the pilot not realising that if that helicopter doesn’t fly his boss doesn’t make any money ... Regardless of wether there is someother desperate soul willing to replace said pilot with, wouldn’t an operator want to have good loyal staff who actually want to be there ?

They would. They just don't have to be over 25 and 80kgs??

This operator vs. pilot bs is insane, shouldn’t we be trying to work together?[/quote]

You would think so......but it's not what really goes on in the real world.
Chris Butler

Postby Chris Butler » Wed Mar 14 2018, 06:48

Thanks for all the comments fellow bladeslappers, in response to a simple comment on an ad.
If a company wants a pilot, just advertise for one, with the normal quals and experiential requirements, without all the silly (and illegal) criteria.
Despite being a new member, I am not exactly new to helicopter flying, and am in fact pretty much past it.
Personally, I'd rather duck down to the dentist for a quick root canal than fly an R44 out of Broome.
However, these criteria are silly (and I am vaguely aware of weight and balance planning).
Might as well say no Catholics, LGBTI, beer drinkers or females. Same logic and legality. Chris
hoverthrust
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby hoverthrust » Wed Mar 14 2018, 10:56

Without knowing the operator I think he was being honest.

What he probably meant to say is around 80KG ...not Max
A few kgs here and there won't matter. Im sure if you were 85 and the right candidate your in.
Loading an R44 you only have a limited amount to deal with.
Flights around the Bungle Bungles don't need to be full fuel so they have some lee way in weight.

I know many other companies who have not hired 100kg pilots, they just don't advertise it.
Unfortunately the weight is an issue if you are too big - due to the Robinson Helicopters.
If you have a problem take it up with Robinson.

The last thing you need to worry about is discrimination in this business. You have to watch your back for the knives for s#!t pay.
Until people grow up or get out in the Australian Helicopter business the conditions and the assholes will be s#!t. Oc:=
choppermech1986
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby choppermech1986 » Thu Mar 15 2018, 16:30

While I agree with the sentiments of the ad, you'd be mad publishing those 'requirements' as I'm almost certain its against Australian law. The UAE obviously doesn't have the same discrimination laws.

The Company
Jet-Ops FZE is a Dubai based company and holder of UAE Air Operators Certificate. It operates three Cessna Caravan Amphibians for Seawings.

Job Title: Pilot

Reporting to: Director of Flight Operations

Job Responsibilities:

1. Flight Operations
Operate Jet-Ops aircraft to the Jet-Ops Operation Manual and regulations ensuring the highest levels of safety and efficiency

Qualifications
CPL ( Commercial Pilot License)
Class 1 Medical (health standard)
ELP (English language proficiency) must be level 6
Radio Telephony License must be shown on Foreign license or Validation
BMI must be less than 30 upon initial hire
Experience
Total flying time: above 3000 hours
Single Engine float time: 1000 hrs or 200 hours on type in configuration (i.e 208 amphibian)
Personality
Systematic
Detail Oriented
Ability to prioritize and handle pressure
Ability to work in a team
Focused
Confident
Resilient
Attentive to Details
Proactive
Please send your updated CV with latest photograph to: hr@jet-ops.com if you meet the above qualifications.

Return to “Pilots Required”