Additional Training Endorsements

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
_chopper
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Additional Training Endorsements

Postby _chopper » Mon Feb 19 2018, 03:54

Have any instructors here been through the process of gaining additional training endorsements since the introduction of part 61?
A low level rating training endorsement for example?

How was the process? With whom did you do the training and sit the flight test if any?
wotyaup2
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Additional Training Endorsements

Postby wotyaup2 » Mon Feb 19 2018, 08:20

A work mate last year had to go through this BS to gain LL FIR.
The process was rather simple tough, flew some hours with a senior instructor and then basically flew a LL BFR, but he was lucky as I'm sure the company picked up the bill.
Different story if you have to pay your self, even though we were all told any changes would be at no cost to the industry. I mean the extra hours plus a flight test alway cost someone, just to gain an approval that anyone else would of been given pre sep 2014.
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Mon Feb 19 2018, 08:33

"no cost to the industry" & "no cost to the individual pilot" are 2 different animals!!
"Plan twice...Fly once"
_chopper
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby _chopper » Mon Feb 19 2018, 21:33

Heliduck wrote:"no cost to the industry" & "no cost to the individual pilot" are 2 different animals!!

This seems depressingly true. Though industry will have to start picking up the bill when there are no instructors qualified to teach the courses and issue the ratings.

It is bizarre that we can potentially have grade 1 instructors with thousands of hours teaching and many hours of practical skill in something like sling for example but if they didn't teach any sling before 2014 they are s#!t out of luck and need a new endorsement if they want to teach it now. I mean teaching is teaching. If you know how to teach and how to do then you know how to teach the thing you know how to do... (/rant)

Return to “Flight Training”