Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Gold Coast Helitours

Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby Gold Coast Helitours » Sat Jan 27 2018, 08:35

Gold Coast Helitours is one of Australia’s premier helicopter companies. Positioned at the Marina Mirage at Main Beach and operating a fleet consisting of AS350, B206L and R44 helicopters we are currently accepting applications for a highly motivated team member to join our company.

Applicants will need to have excellent personal presentation and customer service skills and be able to work well in a team environment. Successful applications will remunerated above the award and priority for selection on those who are committed for a long term, stable position on the Gold Coast.

The minimum qualifications;

700 Hour’s total time
400 Hours R44
Turbine endorsed (B206/L or AS350 preferred)
Nil Accident or Incident history
Current ASIC
Current DG
CASA CPL(H)
Current HFR (BFR)
Low level

Desirable qualifications are:

HUET
Sling
Experience with aerial photography and cinematography.
NVFR
Instructor rating
Professional industry references

Please apply in writing including a colour photo, height, age and weight to the Chief Pilot at scott@goldcoasthelitours DOT com DOT au
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby skypig » Sun Jan 28 2018, 00:05

This is the way to write an advert.

Include the location, what is on offer (inc “above award wages”) as well as what is required/desirable.

Hopefully the high quality advert will attract the high quality, long term applicant you are looking for.

sky “trying to be more positive” pig
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Sun Jan 28 2018, 01:42

"Hopefully the high quality advert will attract the high quality, long term applicant you are looking for" providing the applicant has the right qualifications when they include a "written letter including a colour photo, height, age and weight"
Do your homework on this one.
Great to see jobs advertised though pop;
kiwisteve
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby kiwisteve » Sun Jan 28 2018, 04:31

Discriminate much?
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sun Jan 28 2018, 05:13

I know nothing about this, apart from the advert.
My comments were basically based on my thoughts that this advert was better than many I see on here:

Requirements: a million hours and a recent moon landing.
Remuneration: not mentioned.
Location: undisclosed. (AKA “if you are not prepared to work ‘anywhere’, you won’t like the proposed remuneration either.”)

Separate issue.
The political correctness.
I know we can’t discriminate anymore, but in the old world, I would have preferred to employ an R44 Pilot that fitted in the machine, and didn’t exceed the seat rating. Bonus points for not eating into the limited payload more than average. Facial tattoos/piercings and “novelty” ear lobes might not fit with the uniform. - ahh, living in the past again.... :roll:

sky “grumpy old man” pig.
KOALA
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby KOALA » Sun Jan 28 2018, 05:34

skypig wrote:I know nothing about this, apart from the advert.
My comments were basically based on my thoughts that this advert was better than many I see on here:

Requirements: a million hours and a recent moon landing.
Remuneration: not mentioned.
Location: undisclosed. (AKA “if you are not prepared to work ‘anywhere’, you won’t like the proposed remuneration either.”)

Separate issue.
The political correctness.
I know we can’t discriminate anymore, but in the old world, I would have preferred to employ an R44 Pilot that fitted in the machine, and didn’t exceed the seat rating. Bonus points for not eating into the limited payload more than average. Facial tattoos/piercings and “novelty” ear lobes might not fit with the uniform. - ahh, living in the past again.... :roll:

sky “grumpy old man” pig.

Hahahahahaha thats gold mate. Well said lol pop; pop; pop;
Aspiring HEMS pilot 8)
Fill-level
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Fill-level » Sun Jan 28 2018, 06:22

Why is it , when a credible job advert is posted, it gets the s#!t ripped out of it. ?

I just don't get it .
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sun Jan 28 2018, 06:42

Fill-level wrote:Why is it , when a credible job advert is posted, it gets the s#!t ripped out of it. ?

I just don't get it .

I was trying to be supportive.
Just of the ad....
aaron
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby aaron » Sun Jan 28 2018, 07:23

Just a thought to the mods, that when someones advertising a position, that the advertiser can read the comments, and prior to them being viewed by everyone else, they can accept or decline if it's a good comment to go on to the thread.

Be a great spot to fly :)
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby heli2o » Sun Jan 28 2018, 08:15

aaron wrote:Just a thought to the mods, that when someones advertising a position, that the advertiser can read the comments, and prior to them being viewed by everyone else, they can accept or decline if it's a good comment to go on to the thread.

Although comments like "do your homework on this one" can be a game changer for some. Full credit for having everything upfront in the ad, I'll probably be dusting of the CV for this one.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sun Jan 28 2018, 11:20

aaron wrote:Just a thought to the mods, that when someones advertising a position, that the advertiser can read the comments, and prior to them being viewed by everyone else, they can accept or decline if it's a good comment to go on to the thread.

Always 4 sides to every Aviation story.

1. Yours
2. Mine
3. The truth
4. The wild rumours that circulate through the industry

There have been some positions advertised on here that people needed serious warnings about.

Non specific sniping at every job ad posted is pretty “small”, and most can see that.

If someone gives a specific credible warning, or an offer of offline info, at least the applicants are fore warned, and can make their own mind up, on all available information.

Again, I know nothing of this particular position or operation.
Just liked the ad info. (Compared to many)

Caveat emptor
lowlevelhell
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby lowlevelhell » Mon Feb 5 2018, 14:51

Height and age? really, is that a factor in employment on top of every other box that needs ticking??...
No bucks? No Buck Rogers! 8)
Pitchpull
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Pitchpull » Mon Feb 5 2018, 19:40

lowlevelhell wrote:Height and age? really, is that a factor in employment on top of every other box that needs ticking??...

They forgot to add in whether your gay, bi, transgender, race, religious denomination, male or female. Discrimination much....
lowlevelhell
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby lowlevelhell » Tue Feb 6 2018, 04:23

Pitchpull wrote:
lowlevelhell wrote:Height and age? really, is that a factor in employment on top of every other box that needs ticking??...

They forgot to add in whether your gay, bi, transgender, race, religious denomination, male or female. Discrimination much....

Correct, it's past the point of absurd now with all the "essential" and "desirable" pre-requisites, never seen anything like this when I flew O/S...
No bucks? No Buck Rogers! 8)
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Tue Feb 6 2018, 10:26

If you know or know of the CP then you’d know
Do your homework
lowlevelhell
Gold Wings
Gold Wings