Ag pilot looking for work 2018

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Scj0815

Ag pilot looking for work 2018

Postby Scj0815 » Wed Jan 10 2018, 08:13

I am currently looking for work to start ASAP for an ag pilot. I currently hold my commercial licence, low flying endorsement and mustering endorsement. I have been flying an R22 and currently have around 500 logged hours and around 1000 unlogged hours.

I have grown up, lived and worked on cattle stations my entire life and have a sound knowledge of the agricultural industry. I am more then happy to relocate anywhere as long as I am able to obtain suitable accommodation for myself, wife and children.

I am also happy to further go any endorsements deemed necessary to excel within the position. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Ag pilot looking for work 2018

Postby Evil Twin » Wed Jan 10 2018, 12:06

Whoa what!? You are advertising Un-logged hours? You are unemployable unless there is a provable explanation for that statement, sorry...
Hughesy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Hughesy » Wed Jan 10 2018, 15:00

Wow.
Will be watching this one for sure.
It’s not April yet is it?
pop;
AS350Driver
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby AS350Driver » Wed Jan 10 2018, 17:19

Why bother with getting ag rating. Just say you’ve got one since rules don’t apply. Holy heck... 1000 unlogged hours. You saving paper in your logbook?
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby kiwiflyer » Wed Jan 10 2018, 17:49

Hey here we go we’ve got alive one here pop;
Old Mate
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Old Mate » Wed Jan 10 2018, 20:56

Ha ha, classic. Surely that's a wind-up?
Helicoil
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Helicoil » Wed Jan 10 2018, 21:13

The first rule of Flight Club is, we don't talk about unlogged hours... :wink:
flyhuey
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby flyhuey » Thu Jan 11 2018, 00:17

Questions

PMed

How does a pilot get 1,000 Unlogged Hours?

Why not log the 1,000 Hours? If you flew the hours and had a Pilot Licence and a Medical and were the Pilot-in-Command . . . Then why not?

Were you flying without a Pilot Licence or a Medical? Is that something you want to infer to CASA, who may be monitoring this forum?

Were you flying with another pilot in the same aircraft? If so, you surely know there can only be one Pilot-in-Command, especially in an aircraft Certified for one pilot.

Stating that you have Unlogged time, makes you sound dishonest, not more experienced than you are. Pilots falsify Pilot Logbooks all the time . . . It is illegal. The industry does not need more cowboys and dishonest pilots.

Just saying.
Mag seal
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Mag seal » Thu Jan 11 2018, 01:51

Scj0815 wrote:I am currently looking for work to start ASAP for an ag pilot. I currently hold my commercial licence, low flying endorsement and mustering endorsement. I have been flying an R22 and currently have around 500 logged hours and around 1000 unlogged hours.

I have grown up, lived and worked on cattle stations my entire life and have a sound knowledge of the agricultural industry. I am more then happy to relocate anywhere as long as I am able to obtain suitable accommodation for myself, wife and children.

I am also happy to further go any endorsements deemed necessary to excel within the position. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.

That's a lot of unlogged hours. Didn't you have time to write them in on the way over from NZ? :D
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Thu Jan 11 2018, 02:51

While you’re being open & honest, can you also post the rego’s of the machines you weren’t flying when you did the 1000 hours that you haven’t done? About 20 years ago a good friend of mine was killed in a machine which hadn’t had the hours logged, I don’t want to suffer the same fate.
"Plan twice...Fly once"
Waka topatopa
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Waka topatopa » Thu Jan 11 2018, 06:08

Maybe he did his 500 hours in NZ so the unlogged 1000hrs were on the ground with the engine running rotors turning...... pop;
Black_Duck

Postby Black_Duck » Fri Jan 12 2018, 04:53

Will people ever pull their heads from each other's a#@ and stop being tossers?

If you are all so experienced in the industry, why the hell haven't you thought he could be telling you he has 1000hrs of ground experience in Ag spraying!!

All of you are the reason the industry is a disgrace! Wake up!!
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Jan 12 2018, 05:30

Scj0815 wrote: I have been flying an R22 and currently have around 500 logged hours and around 1000 unlogged hours.

Welcome to the forum Black Duck. I’m sure your comments will be appreciated by all and sundry.

The way the original post reads per the quote above is that the person concerned has logged and unlogged time in a R22. Kind of hard to read it any other way. I’ve not heard of anyone logging ‘ground time’ before in hours.

That said, I did log around 2500hrs of admin in my first ‘flying job’... and 11hrs of maintenance test flying and scenics. Now most of my time is logged in cafes :roll:
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Fri Jan 12 2018, 07:30

Black_Duck wrote:Will people ever pull their heads from each other's a#@ and stop being tossers?

If you are all so experienced in the industry, why the hell haven't you thought he could be telling you he has 1000hrs of ground experience in Ag spraying!!

All of you are the reason the industry is a disgrace! Wake up!!

Unfortunately the experience I have gained has eroded my tolerance levels therefore I decline your offer to stop being a tosser.
I myself spent many years on the ground mixing for Ag operations both fixed wing & rotary before I got a seat, I did not log a second when I wasn't PIC or under supervision. Therefore it is actually my experience which prevented me from thinking that he was talking about ground work. What a conundrum we find ourselves in, it's like a snake eating itself. Discraceful. :wink:
"Plan twice...Fly once"
Heli-Ops
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Heli-Ops » Sat Jan 13 2018, 02:23

What a moronic post Magseal - whose to say he is from NZ ??

He said he grew up on cattle stations - last I looked majority of them were in your country. And besides wasnt it you Aussies that were doing dodgy s#!t with all your hours in the cattle mustering industry.

Love how you slag off Kiwis - maybe look in your own backyard first.
Westy90
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Westy90 » Sat Jan 13 2018, 05:02

Ok instead of throwing the toys at this guy.

Maybe some words to help him out here.

People do forget how they got there starts. Sometimes you think your doing the right thing as a low time pilot, but in this case I can say to have 1000 unlogged, someone else was making money out of you, and they ended up with a smelly brown diddle by doing it.

No 1. 1000 unlogged isn't something to be telling people. Not all but there is a lot of pilots out there will have few unlogged hours. So many different reasons why.
End of the day it means nothing. The only thing it means when you go for a check ride you you should be all over the flying side.

No 2. Unless you have a ag rating, someone isn't going to take you on at 500 hours, unless they know you, then they may train you.
Two ways of getting a ag ratting is pay for it yourself, or work on the ground for a ag company.
Best way to becoming a ag pilot is to do 12 to 18 months plus on the ground so you when you come to the flying side of things, that you have a idea of what the hell your spraying on, chemicals, water rates, how all the pumps are set up and so on.

The other thing is the ag ratings in NZ to Aus are different.

No 3. Go door knocking, and keep knocking on the same doors. You post something on here people will just run you down.

Good luck mate, is a hard road.

PS I would say people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Don't be bagging us kiwis for writing in hours, we only learnt it from you guys in Aust.....
rex bivouac
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby rex bivouac » Sat Jan 13 2018, 22:26

He sounds like a honest young battler trying to get a start.

Good on him hope he gets a gig.

You Aussies keep logging running time and turn up with heaps of hours to move drills in Canada....
JT
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby JT » Mon Jan 15 2018, 04:22

Unlogged may very well be time spent observing or spotting in an aircraft.

Eg: Single pilot aircraft, but not operating in a PIC, ICUS or Dual capacity.
You may very well want to detail your time spent observing or as supernumerary crew, especially
if you're a low timer looking for a competitive edge in gaining employment.

As an example, spending 1000 hours sitting next to a capable pilot, watching, learning, listening and asking questions.
You're basically watching someone "demonstrate" how to operate.

Good luck in your job hunt mate, hope it's successful.
Mag seal
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Mag seal » Mon Jan 15 2018, 04:53

Maybe it's the old 3-1 rule that was popular in Aerial Mustering, you fly 3 hours but only log 1 MR. Just a guess mind you.

1500 hours TT of Experience but only 500 that can be shown if audited.

Return to “Pilots Required”