Don’t drone here..

UAV's, drivers, builders and the regulations.
theyeti
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Don’t drone here..

Postby theyeti » Mon Jan 8 2018, 09:03

Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Don’t drone here..

Postby Evil Twin » Mon Jan 8 2018, 09:25

Be very interested in the outcome
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Mon Jan 8 2018, 10:39

Courts will do nothing.
caa will do less.

The horse has bolted as far as drones are concerned. Their is no way of controlling them now.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Mon Jan 8 2018, 10:51

He has evil eyes.
Bring back the public hanging System! :shock:
Stoning in public is s tad barbaric..
There is always an option.
rotors99
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby rotors99 » Mon Jan 8 2018, 11:44

Notice he'd not entered a plea....so maybe there'll be a plan B to slide out of any charges They should through the book at the turd & make a thorough example of him, to deter future idiots
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Mon Jan 8 2018, 15:02

CASA should be all over these stupid quads, yet they do nothing. They could start by making a $25 rego fee and it could bring some money into the coffers, unfortunately they would just have some more money to piss away.

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
Rotortech Expo

Postby Rotortech Expo » Tue Jan 9 2018, 23:35

Anti-drone technology fitted to emergency services helicopters.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Wed Jan 10 2018, 05:48

To take out these silly little quadcopters you need to go after a very wide range of frequencies, 433 (RC), 868~915 (RC), 2.4~2.5 (Wi-Fi and video), 1227 (GPS L2), 1570~1620 ((GPS L1 + GLONAS L1) and 5.8 (Wi-Fi). Not only do you need to hit all those frequencies you need to have a rather high wattage as well, 150 watt output would cover about 6~1000 mtrs.

The main issue straigh away is that in Australia like most countries frequency jammerrs are illegal, https://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/faqs-mo ... vices-acma.

Therefore to try and set something up on an Helicopter would be difficult and more so would actually interfere with the airframes main systems. You have companies producing jammers and the like and they are normally being ultilised around high value installations where the laws are differnet. Dronegun is a good example https://www.droneshield.com/dronegun/ yet these are very directional and used only momentarly are not constantly on and broadcasting across the spectrum. https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/austr ... 12458.html

The largest quadcopter companies are incorporating safeguards in their firmware that involve geo-fencing and height restrictions and this can help, yet a 400 foot height restriction only works some of the time.

The incorporation of micro transponders, https://www.uavionix.com/news/ultra-lig ... r-for-uas/ is a very good start and also Broad-area Airspace Situational Awareness Systems https://insitu.com/press-releases/Insit ... ir-Systems will also help considerably.

Yet at the end of the day operators such as this halfwit will always be around until the powers to be ban the sale of all non-nonconforming quadcopters and also TX systems (433/900) in Australia.

Once again it is simply all down to CASA getting their s#!t together.

Regards,
theyeti
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby theyeti » Fri Feb 16 2018, 17:17

Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Fri Feb 16 2018, 17:25

And this is the law in action.......................

"At an earlier hearing, Riquelme Cruz made an application to receive a discharge without conviction and in his submissions to the court on Friday, he believed the offending was at a low level and a conviction would have an immediate impact on his travel plans"

The imbecile would know the laws in Chile.

https://www.droneregulations.info/Chile/CL.html

Regards,
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Feb 16 2018, 22:31

gonsky, do you really believe that caa here or in NZ will do anything, or could do anything.

There are probably 20,000 plus drones out there capable of flight about 400 feet and 95% in the hands of morons. Companies are making too much money selling them to anyone and everyone to get them to stop. Manufacturers are making even more money selling them to providers/on-sellers to stop.

As I said before, horse has bolted and they will make a lot of noise and make up some dumb unworkable rules and nothing will happen.

We just have to learn to live with the fact that there are uncontrolled drones out there every time we lift off.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Sat Feb 17 2018, 06:06

Stricker laws are coming in every day in the US and EU, it will trickle down slowly. there is more money in the EU for drone sales yet they have strick laws?

CASA is incompetent in almost every aspect of their mandate, yet the sheer numbers operating will sooner rather than later create a major shift in regulation. It is not about money or powerful companies pushing Govts it is about CASA having no ability to do anything in any of their spheres of operation.

As before the major manufacturers already have firmware controls in place and lets not forget that it is their money train so the more they do to incorporate these changes the less pushback they get from the authorities. This is not like full size aviation whereas it take years and huge money to make changes, It takes about 10mins.

The “Vegas” drone incident whereas a jet flew under one was a big turning point in the US and the FAA is all over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlQsYPGtjTE

Regards,
VBlade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VBlade » Sat Feb 17 2018, 09:59

Treat them like clay targets :shock:

Second the registration concept- That will thin them out.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Sat Feb 17 2018, 13:37

They fly against the rule of law so why would a registration change anything?

CASA made the rules after consulting with a bunch of quad halfwits, so the simple point is when an incident occurs you do not sue the quad operator you sue CASA for 50 mil. They unless they are living in a cave are fully aware of the issues and are doing nothing about it. CASA is SOOO far behind the game they have no idea what is happening in the space, even we have had to shelve a few new airframes and redesign some others as the market is moving so fast now it is unbelievable.

Suing the govt body that is overseeing the airspace will bring quicker responses than trying to get blood out of some 15 yr old, logic dictates that you always go after the biggest target. Lawyers will jump on for free (%) as you can easily show precedence in regards to issues that have occurred globally for a long time and that CASA has completely ignored them. Just because they never happened in Aust does not give them a free pass when they are supposedly the governing body.

Ban all quads under 20kg and everything above has a $1000 per year operators fee along with serious pilot and operator licensing.

Another group worried about keeping their jobs rather than doing their jobs, watch them run like cockroaches when the s**t hits the fan.

Regards,
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Sun Feb 18 2018, 03:01

Every one seems to be forgetting the 20,000+ unregistered operators and unlicensed drones out there already. Do you seriously think that even if the caa were to make is a requirement to register you hand sized drone and get a licence that people will? Not in a million years. They have allowed unlicensed operators to use unregistered drones up to 2 kg already, I keep saying, it's too late. Way too late.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Sun Feb 18 2018, 09:06

Once again.......

Ban all quads under 20kg and everything above has a $1000 per year operators fee along with serious pilot and operator licensing.

Regards,
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Mon Feb 19 2018, 00:23

You really are living in a dream world. Who exactly could/would/should:
"Ban all quads under 20kg and everything above has a $1000 per year operators fee along with serious pilot and operator licensing".

And don't tell me caa, they won't go near it.
BBwantok
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby BBwantok » Mon Feb 19 2018, 00:28

hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Mon Feb 19 2018, 02:42

Didn't I see a headline about 14 years in jail. Was never going to happen I know. but it would put the fear of god into dickheads with drones............................
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Mon Feb 19 2018, 06:39

Who exactly could/would/should:

You guys pretty simple.

Its your lives at risk from these stupid little quads.

Regards,

Return to “Unmanned Aircraft Systems”