Junior Pilot jobs.

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Ian Batton
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Junior Pilot jobs.

Postby Ian Batton » Tue Oct 3 2017, 00:10

Hi Gang, after reading a few post about jobs, i thought i would say this to the new pilots looking for work, or thinking about getting into the industry, Chin Up.
Very simply over 85% of first time pilots jobs are NOT advertised !!
We have not advertised on here for years, and its the only place we look for pilots, that's just because we have a constant supply of CV turn up,
followed by some of them dropping in, and when the times is right someone gets a gig with us. and this is the same for all the other companies mostly.
Thats why you don't see lots of job advertised.

Right place at the right time = a job. good luck
Now where's my beer
coptathat
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Junior Pilot jobs.

Postby coptathat » Tue Oct 3 2017, 03:21

Hey Batton
Pity you weren't available Sunday arvo for a half time pep talk, Cowboys might have had a chance!
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Icefather » Tue Oct 3 2017, 05:05

Hi Ian.

Just a thought. Though I agree with you about not many first time gigs being advertised . And that's just the way it is .

My question would be where do I look ? Whom do I start talking to without becoming annoying .
The directory on here is helpful but it's a bit out dated ? Do I just go through the aircraft register?

I'm dedicated and willing to go anywhere but it just seems a bit further out of my reach.
Ideally remote work or something utility would be ideal.
Any ideas thoughts or leads appreciated.
Probbo
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Probbo » Tue Oct 3 2017, 08:40

Just a guess, but maybe you should head down to Phillip island :lol:
Balibelly
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Balibelly » Tue Oct 3 2017, 10:51

Just go to http://www.google.com.au

Type Helicopter scenics, hover your mouse over a link and roberts your mothers brother...

If I was investing 70k on a licence which I did, I would attempt to learn about every single company in Australia. IF you try hard enough and dont give up you will get a job!

And dont do what I did when I first started and be an aero-sexual, the other pilots dont like t!!
Dillo

Postby Dillo » Tue Oct 10 2017, 00:59

Any advice is good advice thank you.

In saying that i am currently doing my ppl (h) and may move upto my cpl over time.

The question i have is, what are other good endoresements experiences to get under your belt to help you get work after completeing a cpl?
Crawl before you walk.
Walk before you run. :too_cool:
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Tue Oct 10 2017, 22:37

Dillo wrote:Any advice is good advice thank you.

In saying that i am currently doing my ppl (h) and may move upto my cpl over time.

The question i have is, what are other good endoresements experiences to get under your belt to help you get work after completeing a cpl?

Your first job will most likely be in an R44, so I would suggest doing the last 20 hours and your flight test in that.

Other ratings and items that are useful but won't entirely break the bank are;

- Dangerous goods certificate (must have)
- Current ASIC
- Low level
- External load/sling
- Night VFR
- ATPL and IREX written exams
- Save your money on any turbine training unless you are targeting a specific company that say operates bell longrangers or jetrangers and perhaps do a few hours in one (as just one example).

Good luck
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Dillo

Postby Dillo » Wed Oct 11 2017, 01:00

havick wrote:
Dillo wrote:Any advice is good advice thank you.

Your first job will most likely be in an R44, so I would suggest doing the last 20 hours and your flight test in that.

Other ratings and items that are useful but won't entirely break the bank are;

- Dangerous goods certificate (must have)
- Current ASIC
- Low level
- External load/sling
- Night VFR
- ATPL and IREX written exams
- Save your money on any turbine training unless you are targeting a specific company that say operates bell longrangers or jetrangers and perhaps do a few hours in one (as just one example).

Good luck

Awesome, Thanks for your advice if i do walk that path i will defiently acknowledge and purse the above.
Crawl before you walk.
Walk before you run. :too_cool:

Return to “Pilots Required”