Cicare 8 & 12 Helicopter

A bunch of pics as supplied by members. You cant upload here but you can upload to the gallery linked above.
Eastwoodblade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Cicare 8 & 12 Helicopter

Postby Eastwoodblade » Sun Jul 16 2017, 05:24

Now before the onslaught of potential frowns and neg comments, I'm after some thoughts on these two models from Cicare (pronounced sigh care not sick a ray). At the end of the day Robinson started life out as non certified (hope I have my facts right?) and progression from the Cicare CHT7 is a lot better. The CH8 is running a sealed TR & MR gearbox with Vibration reduction and composite structure, Rotax 914 though until you go to their CH12 with runs a Lycoming. I've watched footage of the CH7 which as far as I can tell don't auto the best but curious to see if anyone has flown the new 8 or 12? Are there any 8's in Australia??

EWB pop;
Attachments
producto-ch12-02-thumb.jpg
producto-ch12-02-thumb.jpg (14.88 KiB) Viewed 5942 times
Cicare 8.jpg
side by side
Rotary as in not the Wankel engine...
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Cicare 8 & 12 Helicopter

Postby Gonsky » Sun Jul 16 2017, 07:24

They had an issue with the stabiliser assembly failing, there has been two deaths with the 7 version.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/in ... -2015-089/

https://www.atsb.gov.au/media/5756707/A ... 0Final.pdf

The CH-7 helicopters seem to have a longer life span.

http://www.ch-7helicopter.com/index.php ... lg88lpu373

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Sun Jul 16 2017, 09:16

Hi Eastwoodblade.

I have no feed back that would be positive based on knowledge of the previous models.
I have no knowledge of the current ships.
In saying that, I'm still looking for a low cost way to get to work. (Rather than a car..)
I would love to see where this new found venture ends up.
GF.
There is always an option.
Eastwoodblade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Eastwoodblade » Sun Jul 16 2017, 10:19

Very sad about the accident, I was actually offered to fly it back in the day but was fresh out of license and happy with certified as I am currently! Was just curious about the improvements to these two new models. From what I understand as well there was a split in the faction that was Cicare at some point with another manufacture making the original "angel" and CH7 (forward opening cabin-no thanks)

Until they make a Cabri G4, I'll keep dreaming for the day of an affordable private option Godfather haha
Rotary as in not the Wankel engine...
jab160
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby jab160 » Tue Jul 18 2017, 04:35

Read / heard, there is a growing number of those cicares in australia, guys are using them in the grazing industry. Feedback is positive.
If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time

Return to “Heli Pic's”