Toll 139 Facilities YSBK

What have you heard?
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Toll 139 Facilities YSBK

Postby Gonsky » Wed Dec 7 2016, 09:53

Bro no idea about training but know my numbers, how many airframes can 1 sim cover?

Off the cuff 40+ per sim, so how we looking? And that is being generous. Work it out at say 8 mil return on investment,

Toll sim will go under first even though it is approved by Leonardo-Finmeccania, Italy is a mess and will back out of the euro. So the company has massive downside and lets say 10% upside.

The referendum on the weekend equals Italy dropping out of the EU. So what is a EU company with EU$$ and US$$ borrowing going to do if Italy drops out of the Eu and the Lira becomes the currency of choice? They are just going to walk away.

Massive devalue against every currency, they would be better off going back to there own currency as then everything will be based in Lira and they would be looking good.

EU was a failure from day one and everyone was waiting for it to fail, will not be long.

Yet everyone had fun and made $$ while it lasted. No one cares if it helps they are looking for tax minisimation and rightoffs.

Regards,

Gregory
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Wed Dec 7 2016, 10:34

Jabberwocky wrote:I'm interested to see what the Westapc version will look like.

I can answer this one......

"UGLY"

There's one with the basic red and yellow paint scheme been knocking around YMEN for the last few months. It might look better with all Westpac livery on it. But it right now, it doesn't look particularly good.
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
Yankee
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yankee » Wed Dec 7 2016, 11:32

Just for information sake I inquired about the cost of a Type rating for AW139 at Flight Safety in the US. Sticker price was in the ballpark of 75k.

simple math would guess that there are 4.5 pilots for every AW139 in Australia for a total of about 180 pilots (roughly 40 airframes) that's a lot of training.
My guess is the sims in Australia will generate somewhere between $8 and $10 million annually.

History would say that the airframe has yet to peak in volume and still has a way to go especially with the impending phase out of the Super Puma series. Lots of interesting stuff on the horizon. Talk of price of Oil rising.
Don't think of yourself as and ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
Zeus1980
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Zeus1980 » Wed Dec 7 2016, 12:22

IdreamofHols wrote:I heard that the Chief Pilot running the show isn't even qualified enough to fly on the contract so who knows what's happening!

Considering I only have 130hrs total I would be curious to know what you mean by 'qualified enough' other than the minimum requirements already set out by the contract?

Take Westpac for instance majority of their pilots would start out on minimum hours on AW 139 (assumption) plus sim time, so does that make them not qualified enough to rescue anymore? Even though they probably have a few thousand hours on their current types? That doesn't include previous experience either.

Gregory what do you think? You seem to have an opinion and know everything aviation pilot or maintenance wise...
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Wed Dec 7 2016, 20:26

As they say "opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one"

Mine are simply based on financial aspects not emotions.

Time is always the great equaliser.

Regards,

Gregory
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Mon Feb 13 2017, 18:33

Big Green Arrow
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Big Green Arrow » Tue Feb 14 2017, 08:09

I was aiming at becoming an EMS pilot one day, but I'm probably too stupid now after having read this thread....
Saucepan
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Saucepan » Tue Feb 14 2017, 10:55

At least you could read it! All I got was a 5 second flash before it wanted my subscription! In that 5 seconds I picked up that Japan Post is putting 2500 white collar jobs on notice in Melbourne! If any relevant info please share.....Cheers.
Twoheads

Postby Twoheads » Wed Feb 15 2017, 13:21

Not just white collar. .a lot of people got a tap on the shoulder on Monday.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Tue Apr 25 2017, 19:13

FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Tue Apr 25 2017, 20:25

Unfortunately the link doesn't work unless you subscribe to the site.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Tue Apr 25 2017, 20:31

Japan post taking 4.9 bn AUD write down on Toll, cutting 1700 jobs in 2017 financial.

http://www.reuters.com/article/japan-po ... SL4N1HX1BL
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Wed Apr 26 2017, 14:49

Japan post taking 4.9 bn AUD write down on Toll, cutting 1700 jobs in 2017 financial.

What are you hoping for Gregory posting this?.

You keep posting articles of despair against the rotary industry (our industry).

Yes it may be somewhat true globally but it wont affect the 139 crews here one Iota.

The industry is actually so much bigger than you, get over your inhibitions and insecurities.

Either contribute constructively or join the UAV forums and vent your rubbish there, otherwise go fly you little drone down the park and try not to hit the goal posts. :o

TG
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Wed Apr 26 2017, 23:53

Toll only has one helicopter operation and that is a 10 year contract (plus 5 year option) with the NSW government to provide EMS services in NSW. The jobs associated with this contract are secure. Whether Japan Post or Toll would consider selling off the helicopter division (as CHC once tried when they held the previous contract) is another matter, but the jobs will still be there regardless. Toll has ambitions of getting into the offshore and military SAR world and has already bid aggressively on several contracts. Maybe the current belt tightening will slow down their ambition a bit. I hope so, as going in hard and undercutting your established competitors in order to win contracts and then reducing wages and conditions in order to make a profit is not good for the industry in the long run.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Thu Apr 27 2017, 00:04

For instance there used to be 10 roughnecks on the drill floor when oil was at 150 when oil moved under 30 the big guys (paying wages) looked to automation and now there are very few on the drill floor and some instances none.

In the US the rig count is pretty close to the bottom, 754 from a high of over 2000 in 2012 and yet daily output is at 9 mil which is almost the high of 9.6. So less rigs, less staff and somehow more production? This filters down through the whole production cycle and this is only one industry. So the 139 comment could need a rethink.

So while you all think the world is not changing the guys paying your wages are always looking for ways to change it.

Regards,
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Thu Apr 27 2017, 02:47

Gonsky wrote:For instance there used to be 10 roughnecks on the drill floor when oil was at 150 when oil moved under 30 the big guys (paying wages) looked to automation and now there are very few on the drill floor and some instances none.

In the US the rig count is pretty close to the bottom, 754 from a high of over 2000 in 2012 and yet daily output is at 9 mil which is almost the high of 9.6. So less rigs, less staff and somehow more production? This filters down through the whole production cycle and this is only one industry. So the 139 comment could need a rethink.

So while you all think the world is not changing the guys paying your wages are always looking for ways to change it.

Regards,

Hiw do you compare oil rig platforms to an EMS/SAR helicopter contract?
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Thu Apr 27 2017, 03:01

Money, you think EMS/SAR is a free service. Your telling me the operators don't need to make money, my earlier deleted post indicated that point. Toll is bleeding from the drop in logistics and big project revenue and cost cutting will be on the cards for a long time.

Tenders all work the same way, lowest normally wins and 6 months later they try to renegotiate as they got it wrong. In this case I think you will see that Dauphin has made some interesting assumptions.

There is one group up north with expansion plans and has a considerable balance sheet and I am sure they are kicking the tires.

Regards,
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Thu Apr 27 2017, 08:21

Twisty,

Indeed. We need a clapping icon (or whatever they are called).

Cheers,
Arrrj
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Thu Apr 27 2017, 09:38

Dear Mr Gonaky, Gregory.
Thanks for your input since you found this site.
You are obviously very smart and great at spending your time trawling the net and interrogating other resources to find scare taticts to post on this site.
I'm pretty sure we need a positive input to our helicopter community rather than doom and gloom. (Even when it may be true)
Yes we know one day we will be in part on the bench as techknoledgy takes our seat, but as discussed to the death in the past, not completely.
Maybe take a break from this site or cut and run as you mentioned you were going to do many moons ago and find another site to crash or simply enjoy retirement.
Perhaps you could get a chopper pilot licence in between and share the passion with us.

Ps don't try to private message me as you have done to others with your attempts to track me down. That angle will only be a waste of your limited retirement time and I won't reply.

Good luck with your ambitions.

GF Has flamed out.
End of that.
There is always an option.
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Thu Apr 27 2017, 11:46

Hey Gregory.
I have a pm from you.
Can you not read..
I will put that in my trash.
Thanks any way.
If you persist on being sad face, so be it.
Bye bye now.
There is always an option.

Return to “I heard...”