Employers of Australia

Ask a question. Post an answer. Learn something!
bellslapper
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Employers of Australia

Postby bellslapper » Thu Jan 5 2017, 11:32

Hi all, I have been completely out of the industry for a while , just wondering what the employment options are like in Australia these days ?
Are Employers still bending you guys over a barrel just to fly their machines ?

Basically who are the good employers out there that are worth waiting for ? That are driven for perfection and not driven by an ego, or have their pilots walking over their dying mothers corpse just for a few hours , bonus or promotion .

not interested in naming and shaming the dodgey brothers inc, in this post, Karma bus will take care of those . 8)

Cheers gents
County
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Employers of Australia

Postby County » Thu Jan 5 2017, 18:03

Perfect attitude to have when looking for a job. Maybe best to stay where your at.
Airbeater
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Airbeater » Thu Jan 5 2017, 21:07

That your cover letter?
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Thu Jan 5 2017, 21:33

Tend to agree with airbeater and county on this one. Pretty poor attitude toward the industry by the sound of it and based on that wouldn't employ you.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby CYHeli » Fri Jan 6 2017, 00:03

Are Employers still bending you guys over a barrel just to fly their machines ?

Yes there are still some companies out there that do that, so I understand why you would ask who would be the best employers around.
It doesn't mean that you are slack or not motivated or not prepared to put in a hard days work, just not prepared to put up with crap.
By asking who are the best, you are being positive, good. You specifically asked people not to be negative, but some have missed that.

Staff have to remember that the boss is there to run a business and if the business goes under then the staff will be unemployed, but the boss needs to remember that if they don't support the staff, then staff leave and there is no one to earn the money.

Doesn't Richard Branson say that the most important people are the staff? Happy staff go out of their way to help the customer. The happy customer then gives the boss more money. Win-win-win.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
bellslapper
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby bellslapper » Fri Jan 6 2017, 00:19

Spot on CY heli .

Didn't expect the response I received , but hey! all entitled to an opinion .

Some prefer to be arm chair bandits instead of the reality that is out there .

Keep it real

Stay safe 8)
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Fri Jan 6 2017, 08:41

Maybe a little insight into the type of work you're looking for (Offshore, MPT, Instruction, Scenics, bush work, etc...) and people could offer you some advice in that area?

No point saying Toll/Australian etc.. are the absolute best company to work for if you only have 150hrs.
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...

Return to “Helicopter Q&A”