Nope, stop wasting your time
6%

Total votes: 157
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

From the Creator

Postby helothere » Sat Oct 1 2005, 11:30

Hello, thanks for visiting. Bladeslapper.com is a new website designed and produced by Aussie helicopter pilots for Aussie helicopter pilots.

Our aim is to produce a free resource which is both useful and entertaining. We have the forum you are reading as the foundation for the site. Please add your two cents worth now and then, don't just be a reader. This site is here for everyone, young and not so young, experienced and those on their way.

Additional to the forum where you may ask questions, find answers, share knowledge etc. are some links at the top to more useful resources. We provide a searchable database of the VH register. You can search by Rego, Manufacturer, Type, Airframe, Owner and Year of Manufacture. Want to know who owns that machine or how many and what type a particular company owns? Look there. Also available is a searchable database of all the helicopter AOC (Air Operator Certificate) holders in Australia (all that we have found so far, anyway). Postal deatails and web addresses are provided where possible too. We need your help in keeping this list up to date, if you come across anything that will help in this endeavour, please let us know.

Bladeslapper members may also create an online resume. Having a resume online means you can update it from anywhere. You can print and send it or go high tech and email a link direct to your resume. You may choose to have your resume publicly available via the list, or keep it hidden so only you (or those you give the link to) may view it.

Members may also make use of our gallery. Share your pics with the world!

If you haven't joined yet, please do so. The more we have contributing, the more useful this resource will become. If you have joined already, thankyou for helping to build our community. Who knows, one day we may even make a difference.

Team Bladeslapper.
Capt Moron
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Site feedback

Postby Capt Moron » Sun Nov 13 2005, 02:17

Greetings,

A couple of questions about the site:

When logging on, is it possible for the cursor to default to the Registered Name box? I'm using a laptop and it's annoying to have to direct the cursor to the box each time.

and....

How can I get a picture under my name? Maybe some witty little descriptor also?

Cheers,

CM
Man walks into a bar....OUCH!
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Re: Site feedback

Postby helothere » Sun Nov 13 2005, 09:20

I reckon I could rustle up a bit of javascript to put the cursor in the box for you mouse challenged users :wink:

To have a picture with your posts, login and click on Profile (in the menu at the top of the page). Down the bottom of the profile page you will find a section for your 'Avatar'. This is the pic you are requesting.
smouc430
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby smouc430 » Wed Nov 16 2005, 05:52

Great site MJ!, You've done well ol fella.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Aw shucks...

Postby helothere » Wed Nov 16 2005, 21:43

Thanks 430, we'll take any praise we can get. Now how about a job? I'm good at pushing buttons if you need a hand in that lovely big blue twin you call home :wink:
Imout
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Imout » Thu Nov 24 2005, 07:09

Site looks good Mr Creator!
Found the registering process a bit daunting, did not know what some of the terms meant in the second section, thankfully they were not required.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Registration

Postby helothere » Fri Nov 25 2005, 21:06

We have to indemnify ourselves in an environment like this and we believe in being open about our intentions and the way we use this site.

The second part of the registration terms is simply saying that we will keep a log of the address (IP) your computer is using at the time of your post. If you are naughty, you may be banned from posting on this forum. If you are really naughty we may be compelled to notify your internet provider of your actions. They will be able to track who you are from our log.

The site may place a small text file on your hard drive (cookie) which adds to the efficiency of the forum and no more. Your email address is stored on our database but not used for any other purpose than the running of this site.

Thanks for joining us Mike. Be sure to come back soon!
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Me!

Postby helothere » Thu Dec 1 2005, 12:08

I exceeded 400 hours heli today. I'm feeling a little bit chuffed. Good on me :wink:
Capt Moron
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Capt Moron » Sat Dec 3 2005, 07:31

Hey Congrats Helothere!

Now it's just a matter of adding zeroes to the end of that figure!

CM :roll:
Man walks into a bar....OUCH!
jd
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Cool

Postby jd » Thu Dec 8 2005, 09:07

Nice work Emjay . . . . by the way, I need a pilot with 2 kidneys . . . .
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Kidneys

Postby helothere » Thu Dec 8 2005, 20:50

I have two kidneys but I'm using them at the moment. I'll let you know when I have a spare, as long as you can make it worth my while... :wink:
padrat
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby padrat » Tue Dec 13 2005, 02:20

Hello Every one I've worked out how to upload pics. Thanx for the help Blade Slapper. :lol:
Jimmy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Jimmy » Tue Dec 13 2005, 09:58

Good website mate, I really hope it takes off it. I will be telling anyone that I know to visit, the more the better.
Cheers
Jim
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Ta

Postby helothere » Tue Dec 13 2005, 20:18

Thanks Jimmy, appreciate the comment. That's the way, spread the word.

"If bladeslapping is wrong, then I don' wanna be right!"
Some Guy
:roll:
padrat
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby padrat » Wed Dec 14 2005, 01:53

bladeslapper.com is a great idea for Helicopter Pilots throughout Australia it will allow the industries gossip and facts to be shared, its a big country and it's hard for word to spread quickly this is an excelent tool. "Go Blade Slapper". :wink:
MechFx
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Hi M

Postby MechFx » Wed Dec 14 2005, 10:37

Well done M, obviously this is what you were doing when you had spare time on your hands. That was the old days.
congrats,

Art
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Poll

Postby helothere » Fri Jan 27 2006, 10:09

Just added a poll to this thread. You got an opinion?
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Me...

Postby helothere » Sat Jan 28 2006, 10:55

500 hours heli today, my wife is sooo proud of me :cool_dc:
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sun Jan 29 2006, 07:05

500hrs
with you flying the insurence must be free now. :shock:

SP 8)
phugoyd

Need new section

Postby phugoyd » Wed Feb 1 2006, 23:18

Hey God,, do you think we need a rumors and news heading???

Return to “Welcome to bladeslapper.com”