BS on FB

Got a good idea for Bladeslapper? Suggest it here.
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

BS on FB

Postby Pegs » Tue Jan 11 2011, 10:44

Well it looks like our fearless leader has taken the plunge and added a Face book link and page to the forum, nice work Helothere :D I thought you didn't have time for FB :lol:

http://www.bladeslapper.com/content/bb/posting.php?mode=post&f=44

Would we be able to post the links to the Flood support groups on the FB page and website?
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: BS on FB

Postby Yakking » Tue Jan 11 2011, 10:57

BS on FB!

This will be interesting. I wonder how popular it will be? No more hiding behind usernames. It'll be interesting to see how tough people are once they are accountable.
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Tue Jan 11 2011, 11:03

Yakking wrote:BS on FB!

This will be interesting. I wonder how popular it will be? No more hiding behind usernames. It'll be interesting to see how tough people are once they are accountable.

Mmmmm!
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Tue Jan 11 2011, 11:22

Yeah, I thought it might be good to add another dimension to the site. More of a social side for us to connect on a personal basis.

It will also bring some more traffic back here.
Phase 1# Collect underpants
Phase 2#
Phase 3# Profit!
:roll:

Links are a good idea, feel free to do it here, or there, or both.
heli_79
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby heli_79 » Wed Jan 12 2011, 23:06

Well done Sensei! A bold move into cyberspace. I think this will sort the men from the boys in regards to misinformed posts and look forward to reading informative posts and intriguing photos within the rotary community,

I wish you all the best

Paul
Up, Up and away we go!
Trailing edge
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Trailing edge » Thu Jan 13 2011, 02:34

What are the nuts and bolts of this decision? I'm sorry but I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to facebook etc. I don't understand what it means, will our posts now be available to be seen on facebook and if so what effect does that have on individual posters?

TE
Whoever said torque is cheap has never flown a helicopter
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Thu Jan 13 2011, 04:36

TE,
your posts do not appear on FB, in fact nothing posted on this site appears on FB unless you create an account with Facebook, become a fan of Blade slapper Helicopters on Facebook, then add your comment your self to their page. The real benefit of being on Facebook for BS is it attracts more users to the site who did not before realize it existed, as there are a lot of Heli companies and pilots on FB around the world, and also so that members can catch up and chat live if they wish through becoming 'friends' through the BS FB page.

Unless you want to post a comment, then nothing you say appears on FB. Nor do the subjects and threads on here appear, it is more about directing more people to join the Forum, then about people posting on the Facebook page, and allowing members to interact on a more personal basis if they wish. I talk to quite a few BS members on FB, and must admit the live chat does beat Pm's.

How's your typing speed going Helothere?? :D

hope that clears it up a bit.
Be nice to see some more people join the site. If FB advertising gets them here well so be it.
Trailing edge
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Trailing edge » Thu Jan 13 2011, 06:32

Thanks Pegs, that makes perfect sense now.

TE
Whoever said torque is cheap has never flown a helicopter
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Thu Jan 13 2011, 08:52

Text to speech? Pfft, that's so last year. I've got thought to text. I thought something and Pegs wrote it. Do it again, do it again!

Return to “Bladeslapper Suggestions (and gripes)”