EVO 252 helmet?

Gizmos and gear used in Helicopter Op's
AgRattler
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: EVO 252 helmet?

Postby AgRattler » Sun Oct 2 2016, 22:02

AgRattler wrote:NorthWall...........anyday, everyday :D

I agree, hands down best helmet I have owned. I have had Gallet, Alpha and Gentex.
Redlining in neutral
Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Sun Oct 9 2016, 19:12

The Evolutiuon “EVO” 252 is the lightest Full Featured Dual Visor helmet in the world offering both NVG and NON NVG configurations.Its Such a Best helmet :)
ClaireEllison

Postby ClaireEllison » Wed Oct 12 2016, 21:06

The Evolutiuon “EVO” 252 is the lightest Full Featured Dual Visor helmet in the world offering both NVG and NON NVG configurations. The EVO 252 has the lowest profile compared to other helmets and comes with a interchangeable internal lens.

At less than 1280 Grams, the EVO 252 can be configured with all the options available to the EVO. Add the Bose A20, NVG Interface, Dual Impedance or keep it simple with passive audio and CEP or CME. The EVO 252 also comes standard with the Innovative Quick Detachable cord system not found on any other helmet brand. This allows for fast change between aircraft types without having to use adapters.

The EVO 252 comes standard with your choice of external and internal lenses, choose from Clear, Amber or Gray lenses or upgrade to the Chrome, Jade or Ice lenses for sun glare protection.

All EVO helmets come standard with Aircraft Aluminum Chin Strap Anchors with a 300 or 400 lb pull strength. Helmet bag and Cleaning Sock. Three Nape pads for proper fit. Size pads for ear cup spacing and Comfort liner. Several Colors to choose from and at a price no other company can touch. Made in South Carolina, the EVO is custom built to order. Before you a buy an off-the-shelf helmet and pay for modifications, talk to your EVO dealer and have it built to your flying demands.
chopperdavo
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby chopperdavo » Thu Oct 13 2016, 11:15

The might be a great product, but I'm still struggling to find out.
Order placed on the 3rd May and still no helmet

Not happy Jan
Flying a Helicopter is living the dream....
rotors99
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby rotors99 » Thu Oct 13 2016, 11:37

Forget the rest.....NorthWall's the Best (& lightest plus strongest) bar none :shock:
The Collective
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby The Collective » Fri Oct 14 2016, 06:19

Is it normal for Evos to have exposed styrofoam at the front (forehead)? Just had a chance to check out a fellow pilots 252, and I was rather unimpressed by that part. My LH050 Gallet has a leather/fabric covering the styrofoam impact liner.

The white part is just exposed styrofoam. Makes the whole thing look rather cheap, I thought.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Fri Oct 14 2016, 10:36

Thats just EVO's point of difference to the Gallet :D Cant copy everything
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Oct 14 2016, 12:45

Thats just EVO's point of difference to the Gallet :D Cant copy everything

If it wasn't for the EVO sticker on the visor it could be mistaken for a Gallet. I dont wear helmets much these days but I've worn them enough over 20 years to try them all including the Gallet, and I still cant go past the Alpha which i still own, its personal preference really, bit like underpants and toilet paper. :shock:
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Tumeke

Postby Tumeke » Sat Oct 15 2016, 04:32

The Evos other point of difference is the poor build quality. Gallet build a good helmet, Evo do not.

ClaireEllison why are you marketing the Evo? If you are associated I suggest you address the concerns raised with the product rather than cupcake on about specs
Caroline12

Re: EVO 052, 152 and 252

Postby Caroline12 » Sat Nov 4 2017, 10:29

430 driver wrote:I am here to answer all the questions and rumors about the EVO series of helmets. First, it is not a copy of the Gallet...and thank god for it. The Gallet is a nice helmet, but it is weak in every respect when you compare it to other helmets and no comparison to the EVO. The EVO is 1.30 cm or 1/2 inch wider than the Gallet. the width allows for a more comfortable fit. The shell is also twice the thickness. 3.1mm versus 1.6 in the Gallet. The Gentex and Alpha is also 1.5 to 1.6. This was done to make the helmet stronger on the impact performance and the side effect was a very quite helmet.

Chin strap, The EVO has aircraft aluminum anchors and the option of either 300 or 440 pound pull strength. The Gallet is plastic and if it makes 300 lbs,which I have never seen it reach that in tests, it is more likely to come undone in the initial impact resulting in the helmet falling off. The EVO Chin strap also comes with a lifetime warranty, the Gallet.... don't think so! The Chin strap buckle on the Alpha 900 will break at about 300.

Lenses rotator on the EVO has a deep serration so your grip is better, the Gallet is smooth. The edge beading is real rubber, not plastic and the helmet has a quick disconnect cable system, so you can replace the cable without having to take apart the helmet to replace the comm cord. It also serves as a fast cable change in case your flying different machines with different connectors, I.e Uk Nato, TP 120 or the 174U, Chinese Fisher plug, etc.

The EVO is also lighter, not by much, but it is lighter as a complete helmet. Comes with the upgrades, such as Zeta liner and Soft Seal combo which you pay for from anyone else and if you opt for the Bose, you get it installed the right way.

Cost, Yes it is cheaper, but not cheap. The cost of the helmet was a decision between the owners of EVO, who by the way are both Pilots and decided that a fair profit margin did not equal ripping off hard working low paid pilots. The MSA Gallet in Europe with a carbon visor cover is $1200.00. Then you add exclusive territory, and I am going to get rich off a helmet and the cost explodes to $2600.00 in the USA. Australians pay over $3000.00. Same story on the Alpha. In the USA the Alpha sells for $1800.00 with Carbon Visor Cover. in Australia, double that. Why?
back to exclusive sales. If you remember, Helicopter Helmet had a shop in Loganholme, QLD. They were selling the Alpha for the same price as in the USA and the AU Alpha distributors were a little upset. The same went with Gallet. HHC sold the Gallet in the USA and were told that they could not sell, repair or even touch the Gallet in Australia. Hence out of sight prices. Helmet repairs in Australia were also out of sight. To replace a downlead in Alpha was over $400.00 wow.... in the USA, its $120.00. There is not much more expense in sending a cord to AU, but it comes back to Exclusive territory and what I can get away with!

The EVO was developed between Aviation Survival, Helicopter Helmet, United Design and Hammerhead Aviation and the helmet after two years of R&D was offered at the same price, no matter where you live! Yes you may pay more for Taxes depending where you live, but the helmet is priced at a fair cost to value and location is not an issue. You can thank Ron Abbott for that because he has friends in AU and was serious about the cost to pilots.

In addition, the components used to make the EVO are high grade to include the comms. There is nothing cheap about the mic, boom, speakers and comm cables. As pilots we all know the feeling of having crap for comms when your in trouble, so no cheating on the comms, which is why the EVO helmets have better sound quality than most other helmets, without having to pay for upgrades.

So when you look at the other helmets offered in AU, take a look at the EVO and compare it to the rest of the helmets out there and you will see the difference in both the feel, comfort and performance.

The company has decided to help Pilots in Australia and New Zealand. They will pay for the shipping to Australia or NZ to help reduce the cost of the EVO. Place your order online and the address to either location and the account will be credited for the shipping to a max of $125.00. This offer is available thru all EVO dealers. And yes, EVO still gives you a free high quality Helmet bag....Sorry, you pay for that with everyone else.

youtube video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o56cbuDHr0I&feature=youtu.be

The EVO Team

Has anyone else looked into using a motorsports type helmet? I've been doing a bit of research http://healthworldjournal.com/phen375-a ... ew-by-hwj/ , as I'm becoming super paranoid about my hearing as I'm getting older. My concern with aviation specific helmets has always been the lack of development. Gentex designs being 40 odd years old and the New Gallet is just ridiculously over priced (standing by to be flamed about "what price your head" again) Motorsport development is moving at such rapid pace particularly in the field of safety that the level of protection available should be far superior. Given that they are also pre-installed with comms only minor modification should be required.

Thoughts..
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Fri Nov 17 2017, 23:45

I will admit to having helmet fetish issues, even back to my old bike and car race days...... anyway

The best thing about a auto helmet is they usually conform to an impact standard, they are comfy and arguably (likely) possibly could offer superior crash protection

I just had a friend buy a couple of car race helmets and I did the install for in car comms, my technical opinion about using it for aviation is that that the ear cups seem to have a fair bit less passive noise reduction than would be required for the aviation environment which is more along the lines of that in a set of regular ear muffs

You could do a headset conversion into one and it would be fine but then comes the other issue, you might get picked on walking around the field in a car helmet just like the people that wear a bike helmet up at the snow

Saying that the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn is a Arai RX7RR4, have thought many many times about putting the guts of one into an aviation helmet

But my choice (and reccomendation) is an Alpha with a clip in memory foam liner all day every day
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sat Nov 18 2017, 04:59

What are the details of the “clip in memory foam liner”?
Thanks
SIR_SMP
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby SIR_SMP » Sat Nov 18 2017, 06:20

skypig wrote:What are the details of the “clip in memory foam liner”?
Thanks

Pro flight gear in the US makes them in 1/4" and 3/8" and they are the bee's knee's, clip into the same spots as the barely there blue factory half liner

I use the thicker one 3/8" its suuuuuuuuuper comfy
rotors99
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby rotors99 » Sun Nov 19 2017, 04:34

Evo won’t come close to a North Wall in strength or the visor set up, try both, I’m sure you’d stick with NW
angrypalmtree
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby angrypalmtree » Thu Apr 12 2018, 19:54

Where does evo helmet servicing in aus? Their customer service is living up to the hype with no Aussie phone number on the websites and no email reply in 2 days. I need a full electrics replacement due to water damage.

Return to “Equipment”