How much are Gallet Helmets in Aus?? LH250 say?

Gizmos and gear used in Helicopter Op's
ahthe300

How much are Gallet Helmets in Aus?? LH250 say?

Postby ahthe300 » Sat Feb 13 2010, 16:22

Hi from Perth but at the Bristow academy in Florida as an instructor now.. Was wondering the prices of the Gallet helmets in aus?? My reason for this is... I live 1 hour away from the biggest Gallet helmet dealer in the US! he sells literally has sold over 20,000 helmets in the past 8 years!!! military contracts, Gov deparments etc.. and it might be cheaper if anyone from Aus wanted one .. to get it from him! I bought a LH250 from him and it has been amazing.. He didnt like the full kit that MSA gave you with the helmet so he has travelled round the US finding and compiling a say Better LH250 than from factory.. with different options etc.. It is by far the best helmet i have experienced.. Having worn an Alpha eagle and Gentex.. So if anyone wants any help or anything msg me
Have a look at the site!
www.meritapparel.com/
its well worth a look
Cheers from Florida
yobbo
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: How much are Gallet Helmets in Aus?? LH250 say?

Postby yobbo » Sat Feb 13 2010, 17:52

http://www.tigerperformance.com/aboutus.asp

US company with prices considerably cheaper than Flight Helmets Australia
godfather007
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby godfather007 » Sun Feb 14 2010, 08:50

Great helmet.
Paid $2500 for mine 3 yrs ago from FHA within a week of the order it was on the job. Had no warrenty issues.

The US Mob. have yet to deliver the same helmet orded 3 months ago to my Boss.

Go the local order to save any hassles is my advice.
There is always an option.
2rotorbro
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby 2rotorbro » Mon Feb 15 2010, 00:45

How can you be on your 3rd helmet already? What do u do to them? I bought a 2nd hand GentexSPH I about 15 years ago & it needs a overhaul. I thought I would get it overhauled & then sell it & buy a Alpha Eagle - but from what you are saying the French make a superior helmet. I have heard that people have had major problems with the MSA Gallet
yobbo
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby yobbo » Mon Feb 15 2010, 01:25

what sort of problems bro ?

The made in France label ?

I've had a Gallet for about 8 years and impressed enough with the product to replace it with another Gallet ....

and I would buy it from FHA if I could get it at the same price and within the same time as the godfather
Last edited by yobbo on Mon Feb 15 2010, 05:22, edited 1 time in total.
ahthe300

Postby ahthe300 » Mon Feb 15 2010, 05:11

All have been company owned.. But the Gallet i have now was a gift so i was stoked :) Anyways yer i was just wondering about it all because i know that i got mine here in just a few days.. 6 of my mates have gone to the same company after i recommended them and they havent had a prob either.. What kind of issues are being found? May it be that they are stock Gallet helmets??
ahthe300

Postby ahthe300 » Mon Feb 15 2010, 05:14

Oh and Im not saying that the French make a superior helmet... Im clearly saying that The "US" Gallet is by far the best ive seen.. When you have a bloke wanting to get the best product to give to his customers, so he travels round the US finding the best thats when you get Quality....
bob felcher
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby bob felcher » Tue Feb 16 2010, 05:03

With the price that FHA seem to want these days and knowing people who have recieved good service from Merit I know where I would be sending my cash. FHA seem to want a fortune once you get a couple of extras added and I frankly can't see how they can ask what they do cheers Bob
the older I get the better I was
Sparky
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Sparky » Sun Jun 27 2010, 11:23

Hi All,
Has anyone purchased a helmet recently? And have you had problems with your MSA helmet or recommend a better helmet?
And have any recommendations on the best place to buy from?
mja
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby mja » Sun Jun 27 2010, 11:49

Gallet great - :cool_dc:
blades
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby blades » Sun Jun 27 2010, 12:17

I know of a guy who was spraying in a H300 wearing a gallet helmet and he hit a power line. The blades got caught up in the wire and the aircraft started to spin, at some point the clip on the chin strap got knocked and came undone. Then the helmet was ripped off while the aircraft was spinning and preceded out the door and into the crop. He survived and is still flying today but will never wear a gallet helmet again. I don’t blame him and I wouldn’t get one either at least until they change the design of the clip on the chin strap.
A woman drove me to drink and I never even had the courtesy to thank her
nelson1

Postby nelson1 » Sun Sep 12 2010, 09:36

Has anyone ordered from "Tiger Performance"? Are they ok?
Woody Woodpecker

Postby Woody Woodpecker » Tue Sep 14 2010, 00:38

I got my Gallet in Canada a few years ago, much better deal than I could get in Oz, Its an awesome hat man,
Personally ...f#%k the dealers in Oz shop overseas,
condo86

Postby condo86 » Wed Sep 15 2010, 08:46

Payed $2860 for my LH250 from Flight Helmets Australia in TWB, bout 2 months ago!
Hardman
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Hardman » Fri Sep 17 2010, 11:06

Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase a helmet in the next few weeks and have been comparing prices between FHA and other companies overseas. Ordering a LH250 from the US (go the Aussie Dollar!) and allowing for GST and import tax, I believe a working helmet from one of the above mentioned companies will come to around AU$2350, approximately $600 cheaper than FHA.

My question is has anyone else done this recently and how long did it take from ordering to delivery, allowing for shipping and clearing customs? Any hassles?
(godfather007's comment noted, I'm trying to ascertain if this is an exception or the rule)

Thanks in advance.

Hardman

Now :cool_dc: ........ In a few weeks time 8)
Always Out Of Balance
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Always Out Of Balance » Mon Feb 14 2011, 10:45

Hi Hardman,

I am akso currently looking at ordering a LH250 shortly and was wondering if you could let me know where you got your helmet from, how much it cost and how long it took to arrive?

Are you happy with your purchase?

AoA.
555ron
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby 555ron » Mon Feb 14 2011, 11:18

I've been looking too. I just noticed they have LH350 helmets advertised in helinews but they do not appear on the Gallet website. Not quite sure where they fit in the range but... if you find a way to get them shipped to Aus from overseas let me know. The only way i can see to do it is via the priceusa website but you have to pay a commission which eats into the savings.
HeliSAJ
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby HeliSAJ » Mon Feb 14 2011, 23:41

I have an Alpha Eagle, great helmet, no problems after 3 years, one of my co workers has a Gallet, has a problem with a rattle he cannot find and the chin strap broke which I understand is an issue with them but the US is the place to buy a helmet, My Alpha was $2,700.00 NZ, through Aussie it would have been $4,000.00 NZ, You could just about fly to the US and have a holiday for not much more than buying it in Aussie
torque effect
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby torque effect » Wed Jan 3 2018, 10:52

Has anyone purchased a Gallet helmet in Aus recently? doing a quick google search it seems Flight Helmets Australia is the only option?
Noosphere

Postby Noosphere » Wed Jan 3 2018, 12:55

torque effect wrote:Has anyone purchased a Gallet helmet in Aus recently? doing a quick google search it seems Flight Helmets Australia is the only option?

Are you dead set on a gallet? If not, i would recommend you to check out the Northwall lmt pilot helmet.
Great to wear with no hotspots, both visors completely integrated (still smaller than the gallet). It can also integrate bose headsets if that's your forte. Personally I got the cep kit. I think there is an Australian dealership too.

Best regards Stian

Return to “Equipment”