Caution with buying advertised goods

Gizmos and gear used in Helicopter Op's
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Caution with buying advertised goods

Postby FerrariFlyer » Mon Sep 17 2018, 12:11

Just a timely reminder to those buying any goods on the site to take a little extra care with the purchasing of any items, particularly from reasonably new usernames.

A colleague - somewhat new to our industry - narrowly avoided being shammed with the purchase of a flying helmet. Instead, a scooter helmet arrived weeks later and he was lucky to have his money refunded from Pay Pal. Do your checks and make sure you are completely confident of the veracity of the information being exchanged and the seller's identity.

If there is any doubt, then there is no doubt. Don't buy the goods or report anything suspect to a mod via PM.

Happy slapping (and shopping) 8)
rex bivouac
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Caution with buying advertised goods

Postby rex bivouac » Mon Sep 17 2018, 22:15

I just had guy offer me a headset but looks a bit dodgy! Same guy that was selling a helmet!
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Caution with buying advertised goods

Postby FerrariFlyer » Tue Sep 18 2018, 08:30

Rex,

The user in question, ‘skyabove’, is no longer with us on the site if you catch my drift. Seems they were trying to sell the one dodgy item to multiple persons.

As always, caveat eptor - let the buyer beware.

If possible, some suggestions for buying stuff via the site is to meet in person, have a friend interstate meet them, check photo ID/name vs email being used etc. I’m obviously no security or internet buying guru so just use common sense and take extra care.

Return to “Equipment”