North wall helmet ANR

Gizmos and gear used in Helicopter Op's
Cleared Hot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

North wall helmet ANR

Postby Cleared Hot » Wed Nov 15 2017, 10:16

Anyone have a north wall helmet with ANR and your experience with it. Thinking about going this route.
Assume the Position
rotors99
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: North wall helmet ANR

Postby rotors99 » Wed Nov 15 2017, 13:12

Great Helmet, lighest & strongest on the market, with clever in-shell visors. ANR can be a bit tricky but RedBaron ASL's own ANR works a charm!
angrypalmtree
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby angrypalmtree » Wed Nov 15 2017, 23:48

Personally I would go the heli chasis with moulded silicone inserts but I have a mate with a north wall and I'm jealous.
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Thu Nov 16 2017, 01:33

In my opinion, it depends a little on the type of work you're doing.

I've have had both ANR and CEP.

ANR is impressively quiet until; You unplug from the machine (if powered by aircraft), you conduct open door operations where it doesn't seem to be able to cope with the reverberation through the cabin.

If you conduct open door ops, look into CEP/MEP. Or if you move around outside a running aircraft make sure the ANR is battery powered on the helmet.

Just my two cents worth.
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
mdav
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby mdav » Thu Nov 16 2017, 22:19

I have helochase on a north wall I'm consistently turning up the volume blasting everyone else in the process. Now this might be wax in tubes or there bent or the system is just not 100%. I might go ANR as well if anyone has done bose a20 with this helmet would be interested.
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Fri Nov 17 2017, 17:51

mdav wrote:I have helochase on a north wall I'm consistently turning up the volume blasting everyone else in the process. Now this might be wax in tubes or there bent or the system is just not 100%. I might go ANR as well if anyone has done bose a20 with this helmet would be interested.

I use helochaise in my helmets and never had volume issues at all.

Only time I’ve had any issues with the CEP plug was the plug on the helmet came loose over time and the earthing tab on the rear or whatever it was came out so the CEP’s/helochaise weren’t working reverting back to normal helmet speakers. So maybe it’s just a dodgy plug?
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Two Feet

Postby Two Feet » Fri Nov 17 2017, 23:12

I use the HELOCHAISE, it’s good as you are not reliant on power and pretty comfortable. I have the same issues with volume, having to have turn it right up. I clean it regularly, my preferred option as you are not carting batteries around or dealing with another cord.

Return to “Equipment”