Job ready ASIC

General stuff that gets thrown about when Helicopter Pilots shoot the Breeze.
skyjynx80
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Job ready ASIC

Postby skyjynx80 » Mon Jan 21 2019, 05:13

About to apply for a ‘Job ready’ ASIC from Veritas, has anyone gone through the process of getting one through them?
VBlade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Job ready ASIC

Postby VBlade » Mon Jan 21 2019, 06:53

Pretty straight forward process, go to the post office to submit the docs + forms required and wait for the background checks. Done in about 2 weeks, then they will send out the card once you have an operational requirement. Just get you’re employer to sign the form and you’re sorted.
KOALA
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby KOALA » Mon Jan 21 2019, 07:15

All correct, however they no longer send you the ASIC direct yo your home address that You indicated.

It is sent to an approved, authorised person at a location close to you. Pretty sure you have to nominate that at the time of application. You will be notified by them once they have received it.
You then need to arrange a time to go pick it up from them, showing 100 points of ID and hand over your expired ASIC ( if applicable) before being issued the new card.

That's what I had to do when I got my new card last year anyway from aviation ID. I'm pretty sure that's the national standards now.
Bit of a piss take, but that's the process now.

Koala
Aspiring HEMS pilot 8)
RePLCPLH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RePLCPLH » Mon Jan 21 2019, 08:40

If there's any way you can have someone confirm an 'operational requirement', you'll have a lot less drama and save some cash if you go direct to the full ASIC. A flight school for example still counts as an operational requirement.
VBlade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VBlade » Mon Jan 21 2019, 08:50

Thats correct, I should of been more specific, cheers Koala.

RepL, I didnt know that, thats a good one to save some $$. Would there be an issue once you left the school and started looking for work though? I’ve been told they are pretty on to it in getting the card back if the requirment is no longer needed.
skyjynx80
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby skyjynx80 » Mon Jan 21 2019, 10:06

Thanks for the replies guys. I will get the process underway.
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Jan 21 2019, 10:14

A quick heads up, mine took three months to get to me, all paperwork and payments supplied in a timely manner. There’s a backlog with security checks at the moment apparently. That was with Aviation ID. I’m not sure about veritas but if they’re the Perth ones I’ve heard they are quite quick.
I noticed you can’t go through CASA anymore so there’s no longer the $20 saving there.

Return to “On the Job”