The CWN Debate

General stuff that gets thrown about when Helicopter Pilots shoot the Breeze.
Capt Slong
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

The CWN Debate

Postby Capt Slong » Fri Dec 22 2017, 00:37

IMG_0326.jpeg

Rather Bold Statements
Worzel_Gummidge
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: The CWN Debate

Postby Worzel_Gummidge » Fri Dec 22 2017, 01:06

Are they accurate statements though? That's not a cynical query, genuine question.
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri Dec 22 2017, 01:18

The McD boys usually make the same claims.
choppermech1986
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby choppermech1986 » Fri Dec 22 2017, 05:50

If they posted their hourly rate, then they might be able to lay claim to being the lowest cost per litre. Until then it's supposition.

Even though they may just be stating the facts, I've got a feeling that someone in upper management at Pays will be cringing reading that post.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Fri Dec 22 2017, 06:09

I think they may have their "Hand in Pants".
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Well Hung Start
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Well Hung Start » Fri Dec 22 2017, 10:40

Totally agree with you HIP!
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Fri Dec 22 2017, 10:51

Sometimes you don’t need to bring a gun to a knife fight.
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Dec 22 2017, 12:10

Operators keep buying lights to mediums for CWN, trying to keep up with the Jones’s so to speak.

They can team up with overseas operators that have the latest fad in aerial firefighting but unless you have a contract you will be call when needed with RFS/Parks, and if your needed we will call you. Simple as that.

How the CWN operators choose to network and promote their product is entirely up to them....but wasn’t there an enquiry into that last year re the apparent favouritism?
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Firefish
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Firefish » Sat Dec 23 2017, 21:26

Well this is getting more interesting with time. I first saw Timberlines rant on the Firebombers Australia page on Facebook. A few people had a shot at them and the post was taken down. So Firebombers went on a little trip to Scone to give us the skinny on the greatest fire fighting helicopter of all time.
Here's a quote,

Oooohhhh ... did I happen to mention 'Thing 2' was also there ... though unfortunately NOT flying fires ...

mmm not sure why however that gave me a great 'opportunity' to get some up close pix and chat with the owner/pilot about all things 'BLACKHAWK' ...

what a terrific guy who shared soooo much knowledge with me in such a short time we had together ... currently 'Thing 2' flys with a 200ft longline and 'Bambi-bucket' on the end capable of carrying 3,400 Ltrs of water/foam mix - yep, thats right the BLACKHAWK carries more litres that the 802's ...

and has enough power to 'truck around' all day long at any altitude (we have in Australia) ... With 'triple redundancy systems' as standard in the Blackhawk it is also one of the safest fire choppers flying ...

'THING 2' is simply awesome - have a look at the 'control panels' up close ... 'easy-peasy' to drive I recon - NOT !!!

Maybe those PR kiddies should have got their heads together before they threw their sponsors 802's under the bus. Alls fair in love and aviation. :D
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Sun Dec 24 2017, 03:55

What ever happened to that bunch of Blackhawks that were being sent to Helitech in Brisbane to be re-furbished that was posted on here about 12 months ago?
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Yankee
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yankee » Sun Dec 24 2017, 04:18

Um... I think there's a whole lot of codswalop going around.
Don't think of yourself as and ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
Cleared Hot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Cleared Hot » Mon Dec 25 2017, 07:47

havick wrote:What ever happened to that bunch of Blackhawks that were being sent to Helitech in Brisbane to be re-furbished that was posted on here about 12 months ago?

All happening in 2018 apparently so maybe in 2019we might see one or two lol.
Assume the Position
SuperF
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby SuperF » Wed Dec 27 2017, 05:38

so did they say what their hourly rate was?

Whats triple redundant in that thing? Three engines? three pilots? Three fuel tanks?

Would be quite surprised if they could "truck around" all day without refuelling and still carry 3400ltr on the hook, I didnt think that the blackhawk had 6-7000 liter fuel tanks on them....

or is there a lot of journalistic licence being used??
Probbo
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Probbo » Wed Dec 27 2017, 09:26

I was interested with the triple redundancy system too. Is that to do with hydraulics, two EDP’s an electrical pump backup maybe?
Capt Slong
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Capt Slong » Thu Dec 28 2017, 00:00

Maybe they have 3 spare buckets :P

Return to “On the Job”