Helicopter Down, Wellington.

General stuff that gets thrown about when Helicopter Pilots shoot the Breeze.
oneliner
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Helicopter Down, Wellington.

Postby oneliner » Tue May 2 2017, 01:46

helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Re: Helicopter Down, Wellington.

Postby helothere » Tue May 2 2017, 03:23

Strange article, the owner of the company doesn't know what happened but a witness saw the strap break and take out the tail rotor...
beacon

Postby beacon » Tue May 2 2017, 06:48

He just wanted to get free TV time instead of using tinder !
agusta
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby agusta » Tue May 2 2017, 07:31

The guy has skill. To survive a tail rotor failure like that and also to go bankrupt owing tens of millions and pop up again flying someone elses machines under someone elses certificate. pop;
Niko
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Niko » Tue May 2 2017, 11:15

agusta wrote:The guy has skill. To survive a tail rotor failure like that and also to go bankrupt owing tens of millions and pop up again flying someone elses machines under someone elses certificate. pop;

Whilst under usual circumstances I may have seen this as just a provocative way to start a discussion - to verbally attack a fellow pilot after an accident, especially of such magnitude, is show of a low character. Regardless of the man's business decisions, I'm still left to hope our first reaction is to wish the man a speedy recovery and express solitude that no one was seriously hurt or worse -
Saucepan
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Saucepan » Tue May 2 2017, 12:26

Niko,

Whilst on the whole I agree with your sentiments, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have lost money through 'fellow' pilots. I do not know this guy and am not casting dispersions on his character. I have since learnt to wear a stab proof vest.....back to front.
Skiman

Postby Skiman » Wed May 3 2017, 07:24

He said he had been flying for 35 years and said this was only the second tail rotor failure in that time.

Whaaaat? How often can a pilot expect his chopper to throw a tail rotor? LOL

Excuse my piloting ignorance, but If he suddenly lost a load (the strap breaking) would he not feel a rapid climb? Guess he's lucky to land in shallow water too.

Thanks for posting the article oneliner.
zzodr
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby zzodr » Wed May 3 2017, 13:29

Why is the bottom feeding media fall over themselves reporting if a pilot in a crash was under investigation for anything whatsoever just after a incident.
They did it to the King Air pilot at DFO in Melbourne too. I think the wreckage was still warm at the time. Bloody parasites. :x
ScoobaLimaLima
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby ScoobaLimaLima » Wed May 3 2017, 13:38

Why is the bottom feeding media fall over themselves reporting if a pilot in a crash was under investigation for anything whatsoever just after a incident.
They did it to the King Air pilot at DFO in Melbourne too. I think the wreckage was still warm at the time. Bloody parasites. :x

My sentiments exactly.

Disgusting leaches.

SLL
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby NZHelo » Thu May 4 2017, 04:34

A bit of a generalisation here but, interesting how most pilots after an accident don't really ever talk to the media....Not Tricky Ricky, moobs and all.
Brunner

Postby Brunner » Sun May 21 2017, 07:52

helothere wrote:Strange article, the owner of the company doesn't know what happened but a witness saw the strap break and take out the tail rotor...

Sounds like a coverup to me.

Return to “On the Job”