Why so many brand new helmets for sale?

General stuff that gets thrown about when Helicopter Pilots shoot the Breeze.
SpecialGray
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Why so many brand new helmets for sale?

Postby SpecialGray » Mon Mar 11 2019, 03:51

Seriously, another day, another brand spanking top of the range helmet with all the bells and whistles worth more than a small car up for sale in the forums. Seems to happen a huge amount, and the helmets are regularly 'worn once/still in wrapping/never opened'. Are you guys getting a new lid paid for by work then selling it on (and presumably using your own personal one instead)? I'm aware the odd one comes up for sale as bait for a scam but still..
While many enjoy activities where they challenge themselves to their physical limit, I prefer to do the same thing with my mind. That’s why I go on BladeSlapper, to be around other people who also enjoy being mentally challenged.
Niko
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Why so many brand new helmets for sale?

Postby Niko » Mon Mar 11 2019, 05:13

Some get them when they are training; expecting to use them when they are employed, only to find that chief pilots and customers [understandably] do not like the look of their pilots doing scenic joy flights wearing a carbon fibre bucket with a mirror visor and scull painted chin/wind protector

Others find out that their companies supply helmets which they must wear

Others still buy one for a new job which falls through

Some have it because they were overzealous and realised that the cash is better spent elsewhere

You’re not going to find one silver bullet here
Saucepan
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Saucepan » Mon Mar 11 2019, 08:00

Because Bladeslapper is another way of advertising for helmet companies? :roll:
robaussie99
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby robaussie99 » Mon Mar 11 2019, 16:46

Saucepan wrote:Because Bladeslapper is another way of advertising for helmet companies? :roll:

Exactly.

It’s pretty obvious there’s guys on here (SIR_SMP) that run a helmet business that have discovered that you can advertise for free to a very receptive group.

Return to “On the Job”