Becker - Advertised Instructor Rating 19k ?

Endosements, Ratings and Certificates.
Yankee
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Becker - Advertised Instructor Rating 19k ?

Postby Yankee » Tue Sep 2 2008, 18:40

No, I don't think of the US as home... was wondering when I would get Q'd about that.

Anyway, I love Australia and I think you all are very lucky!!! The wx is always wonderful (at least on the movies and the add's) and the beer is rather tasty (I’ve had some) except for that xxxx stuff, but if its cold and free who cares.

About the CFI thing, I was/am considering getting my CFI. Because I am over here in the states it makes sense for me to go to Bristow, even if I were planning on moving to Oz (hopefully one day), and that is based not only on cost but on follow on employment potential, both here and in Oz.

The Bristow website gives a very good breakdown on what it costs for you to do your CFI. They are very approachable and I'm sure they could help you figure out exactly what it would cost to get all the required conversions...

One advantage would be you might end up with a job offer in the US. But of course, there is always the claim to support home grown... and I have to say, from my research If I were going to do training in Oz I would probably go with Becker or Heliwest, Not to mention Oz seems like a really tight helicopter community and probably need to stay there to get a good reputation...

Anyway, again, I think all you peoples are lucky.
Don't think of yourself as and ugly person. Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.

Return to “Advanced Training”