206 endo Queensland

andronicus
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

206 endo Queensland

Postby andronicus » Fri Jun 12 2015, 01:56

Looking into doing an initial turbine rating on a 206 in the Queensland area, whats involved in the initial rating over there?. Any info on schools or instructors to hunt out would be much appreciated... I have the exam credit from a few years back in NZ so have to weigh up weather I get it done before I come over or when I arrive.
Cheers
Mae16

Re: 206 endo Queensland

Postby Mae16 » Fri Jun 12 2015, 04:55

Airways Aviation have two jetty's, one at each base. PHS on the Gold Coast has an experienced 206 pilot but as far as I know no 206 at their GC base. I know you're looking at Qld, but I'd highly recommend doing the endo with Roland Pagels, he's in Lismore with a 206. He did most of my licence, including my 206 endo. As long as you're not under time pressure, he's an excellent instructor.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Fri Jun 12 2015, 06:30

andronicus wrote:Looking into doing an initial turbine rating on a 206 in the Queensland area, whats involved in the initial rating over there?. Any info on schools or instructors to hunt out would be much appreciated... I have the exam credit from a few years back in NZ so have to weigh up weather I get it done before I come over or when I arrive.
Cheers

Being 1,852,642 km² Queensland is a rather large area.
You generally don't have to worry about weather too much as its generally pretty good
flighttech
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby flighttech » Fri Jun 12 2015, 19:31

Best place ins SE Queensland is aero power.

Failing that two instructors I would consider who may be able to come to you are
Nik McManus or Andrew Pollard. Pm me for their contact details
flighttech
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby flighttech » Fri Jun 12 2015, 19:35

If your nz exam credit is more than 3 yrs old it'll have expired. Might be easier to get it done here in nz. Ardmore helicopters is a good school.

On the other hand if you have a job in the bag doing your turbine rating in the area you will fly would knock off two birds with one stone. Get familiar with your ops area and get your rating
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri Jun 12 2015, 21:10

Aeropower is a very good school, and you will get a good type end. IMO you're better off going somewhere that works the type you want to fly. Air Work in Caboolture do and Woodh there is a wealth of knowledge and certainly knows how to fly a jet ranger. It's also probably cheaper as they use Kiowas which can also help your endorsement as they have less power than the average Jet Banger.

Good luck
andronicus
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby andronicus » Sat Jun 13 2015, 06:53

Cheers guys.

Hello pilots...once again your post is both informative and hilarious. I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate because I couldn't give a single fu$k to check.

P.S. You forgot to put a full stop at the end.
bob
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby bob » Sun Jun 14 2015, 05:29

I don't think you can do rating in a Kiowa because under Part 61 the entry rating must be B206. Once rated on B206 you are then covered on Kiowa once competent on any differences.
Bob
flighttech
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby flighttech » Sun Jun 14 2015, 07:34

Think you will find its registered in Aus as a Augusta bell. So ab206
muppet
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby muppet » Sun Jun 14 2015, 08:20

Hello pilots...once again your post is both informative and hilarious. I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate because I couldn't give a single fu$k to check.
P.S. You forgot to put a full stop at the end.

Oh lighten up, everyone loves grammar Nazis. Don't they? And being part of the elite Slapper realm behoves us somewhat to at least appear smart, therefore good to make the effort at correct spelling... Or spelling correctly... Must say that modern day standards are slipping... :wink:
rotorwinghelicopters

Postby rotorwinghelicopters » Mon Jun 15 2015, 00:51

Hi Andronicus,

We are based in Lismore, NSW (Northern NSW) Approx. 1 hour 15 minutes south of Gold Coast Airport.
We have a 206 BIII in the hangar ready for training.

As Mae16 pointed out, Roland Pagels our CFI is a very thorough instructor that provides a complete training course to ensure you have a firm understanding of not just how to fly a 206, but the systems and characteristics of the aircraft.

Accommodation can also be arranged if you wish to complete the training over the course of a few days.

Bookings can be made through our Website: https://rotorwinghelicopters.rezdy.com/
or alternatively, by email: info@rotorwinghelicopters.com

Feel free to contact Michael on 0400 567 062 to discuss further.

Safe Flying,

Rotorwing Helicopter Services

Return to “PNG”