Changes to iBal

Electronic Flight Bags, Apps and tips.
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Changes to iBal

Postby CYHeli » Fri Oct 13 2017, 00:39

For those that haven't seen it yet, there are changes to iBal as it is managed by the Apple Apps Store.
The company was sold in 2012, but they have had issues with Apple and the original version of iBal will not work after the latest OS update. If you haven't updated your OS to 11 and plan to soon, then email the aircraft data to yourself first. It will make it easier to retrieve aircraft data later.

You then have to purchase the new version of iBal Rotary (Yeah, tell me about it....) and then open the email in the new version of iBal and the data can be downloaded.

Otherwise, you will have to set up the aircraft from scratch in iBal Rotary.

Info from the manufacturer.

Thank you Cr'Apple for this situation.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Changes to iBal

Postby kiwiflyer » Fri Oct 13 2017, 08:40

That’s the second time that iBal users have had to purchase the app again.
Not sure I will be doing it, as much as it’s good there others out there and pen and paper still work.
UnObvious
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby UnObvious » Fri Oct 13 2017, 12:51

kiwiflyer wrote:That’s the second time that iBal users have had to purchase the app again.
Not sure I will be doing it, as much as it’s good there others out there and pen and paper still work.

That's what I thought from reading it too, but I just checked and mine is working.

I think what he was saying is that if you were still going from the original original one, then it won't work anymore. If you already repurchased it, you should be fine.
kiwiflyer
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby kiwiflyer » Fri Oct 13 2017, 19:37

Yep you are right, I jumped the gun on that, it’s still a bit raw from when I repurchased last time :x

Return to “EFB's”