King Air crash

Loss of licence, TPD, loss of income and more.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

King Air crash

Postby hand in pants » Tue Sep 25 2018, 07:24

I know this isn’t helicopter related but I’m a bit stunned by the way the ATSB have just come out and slagged off pilot, who can’t defend himself and have thrown him and his family under a bus. Greedy bottom feeding lawyers are now saying they will go after the pilots estate for “millions”.
I was always under the impression that the accident investigators didn’t lay blame. I know I now won’t be telling the bastards anything if I’m ever involved in an accident.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Practice
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: King Air crash

Postby Practice » Tue Sep 25 2018, 07:50

Accident investigators look for causes, not blame. There's no evidence of 'slagging off' the pilot in the report; that really is hyperbole.

Bottom feeding lawyers? Maybe. How about the poor families who have lost their husbands because the PIC failed to complete an effective pre-flight or pre-take off VITAL action? No sympathy for them?
Niko
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Niko » Tue Sep 25 2018, 08:19

Are you referring to the crash where the pilot failed to turn autofeather on, prior to the aircraft sustaining an engine out during take-off?

Disregard. Found it. https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/in ... -2017-024/
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Tue Sep 25 2018, 08:35

Hand In Pants, did you actually read the report? I did, and nowhere is the pilot slagged off. You can draw your own conclusions as to the culpability of the pilot but the report doesn't lay any blame. The passengers put their trust (and their lives) in the pilot's hands, and if he was negligent in performing checks which resulted in their deaths then I don't see why he shouldn't be held accountable.
lowlevelhell
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby lowlevelhell » Tue Sep 25 2018, 11:00

Dunno about any of you blokes, but a thorough pre-flight/pre-take off check is something I never go without, since the law says I'm ultimately responsible as PIC, I don't trust NOBODY but myself when it comes to that!
No bucks? No Buck Rogers! 8)

Return to “Insurance”