Air Crew Position NPWS

bushman

Air Crew Position NPWS

Postby bushman » Mon Aug 25 2014, 22:39

hi CHeck this out it only came on air yesterday.Not sure what they are like to work for but could be good! job is advertised on the Nsw gov jobs website.

Job Description - Crewperson OEH 295-14 (00003541)

Job Description

Crewperson OEH 295-14 - 00003541

Office of Environment and Heritage

Job Grade/Classification: Crewman

Employment Status:Temporary Full-Time

Vacancy Ref: OEH 295-14

Undertake safe and efficient operation of helicopter tasks and to ensure that all ancillary equipment and gear necessary to perform the work programs are in operational condition and available for the jobs required.

Act as non flying co-pilot, assisting the Pilot in navigation, radio, advising on obstacle clearance during landing and hovering so safety is assured. The position is responsible for all aspects of the job other than flying including providing support to the Manager, Flight Operations and Pilot(s) in complying with OEH Air Operators Certificate, the Civil Aviation Act 1998 and associated Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) orders and regulations.

Job Notes: This is a temporary full-time position up to 23 February 2015. Please do not submit copies of qualifications online. If you are invited to attend an interview you will be required to produce relevant documentation then. Electronic applications must be MS Office 2003 compatible. Late applications will not be accepted. New employment legislation now applies to the NSW public sector from 24th February 2014. All current and new employees will be employed at a classification level and assigned to a role rather than appointed to a position. Employees may be re-assigned to other roles at the same classification over time, in line with organisation priorities and/or personal development plans.

Information Package Contact: (02) 8713 4900 or by using the following link:

Information Pack:

Application Guide:

Applications Close: Sunday 14 September 2014

Work Type
Full-time
Total Remuneration Package: $89,315 pa. Package includes salary (71,158 pa - $80,573 pa), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.

Job Category
Aviation

Organisation
Parks and Wildlife Group
Contact Eric Claussen - (02) 8713 4900

Responsibilities
Please refer to the position description.

Selection Criteria
1. Extensive experience in helicopter operations, especially in the operation of personal hoist (winch) the rigging and handling of cargo and the operation of aviation and other commercial radios.
2. High level navigation skills including the operation of GPS equipment.
3. Specific operational knowledge of all equipment such as personnel hoist, aerial incendiary machine and the capabilities of equipment and specifications of the aircraft used.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of aviation and a sound working knowledge of applicable CASA orders and regulations.
5. Excellent communications and organisational skills
6. Physical fitness and the ability to work in isolated locations unsupervised individually or as part of a team.
7. Ability and willingness to carry out fire fighting support duties.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Air Crew Position NPWS

Postby hand in pants » Tue Aug 26 2014, 04:28

bushman wrote:Act as non flying co-pilot

I wonder if this "non flying co-pilot" will need a non flying licence??????
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
oei
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby oei » Tue Aug 26 2014, 04:42

No - the non flying co pilot just tells the pilot what to say on the radio , as he or she is not allowed to operate it
powerplus++

Postby powerplus++ » Tue Aug 26 2014, 05:51

Agian another one on a pedestal so high that the pilot is the only one only who can operate a radio, well all you need is a radio telephone operators certificate i guess and i know that all air crew have one. it called multi crew environment in this case and i am guessing thats what they have at NPWS,
Oc:=
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Tue Aug 26 2014, 08:17

powerplus, Nice first post.....................
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
bushman

Postby bushman » Tue Aug 26 2014, 22:45

I am a Pilot i like Pilot things!!!

Return to “Rescue Crew / Air crew officer / Winch Op's Required”