AirCrew Officer – Fixed Base
CareFlight is an Australian not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing the community with rapid response critical care. Following significant recent expansion of our operations, our integrated aviation and medical teams care for over 5,000 patients per annum.
We are seeking a suitably qualified AirCrew Officer for our Darwin HEMS operation. This position operates on an average of 42 hours per roster cycle.
• Minimum 200 hours as a helicopter aircrew officer.
• SAR/EMS experience.
• Proven physical fitness assessed by suitably qualified personnel.
• Preparedness to work a generally fixed base roster.
• Prepared to work at other company bases from time to time.
• CASA recognised ICAO Class 2 medical certificate.
• Experience working in small specialist teams.
• 300 hours as a helicopter aircrew officer.
• Advanced medical qualification or experience.
• First Aid Certificate from a recognised authority.
• HUET (prepared to undergo training as required through CareFlight).
• Winch/Rappel competency in accordance with CAO 29.11.
• Formalised Front Seat AirCrew Officer training.
• BK117 experience.
• NVG Certification and experience.
• Remote area operational experience.
• Darwin residency or preparedness to relocate to Darwin.
• Demonstrated understanding of CRM, Risk Management and Safety Management Systems.
• Ability, and willingness, to take on non flying related secondary duties.
• Demonstrated competencies with computing systems such as Word, Excel, and moving map systems.
• Remote Area experience and Remote Area survival knowledge are a desirable attribute for the Darwin based position.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a talented and enthusiastic team and will be rewarded with a challenging, varied role and a competitive remuneration package.
Applications to be received by COB 28 June 2013.
To download an application package and position description visit http://www.careflight.org.
CareFlight employees must comply with the Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA (and may be subject to random workplace testing).
Criminal record and Working with Children Checks applicable