CareFlight is an Australian charitable organisation with 30 years’ experience in aeromedicine. With bases in NSW and the NT’s Top End, our crews are dedicated to providing the highest standard of rapid response critical care to the ill and injured. Our specially trained doctors and nurses use helicopters, aeroplanes, medi-jets and road ambulances to bring a hospital level of care to and transport around 5,000 patients each year.
Our diverse workforce is comprised of committed professionals with a drive to help save lives, speed recovery and serve the community.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a qualified Aircrew Officer to join our dedicated team. While this position is based in Darwin, interested applicants must be flexible when it comes to working from other locations as this may form a large part of their role to meet operational growth.
We also need applicants to have a flexible approach to their roster and be able to commence at short notice. A competitive remuneration and salary packaging will be offered to the successful candidate.
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Minimum 500 hours as a helicopter Aircrew Officer
• Previous SAR/EMS experience with a minimum of one (1) years fulltime civil experience
• Winch/Rappel competency in accordance with CAO 29.11
• NVG competency in accordance with CAO 82.6 (Front and Rear Seat)
• Sound understanding of CAO’s, rules and regulations pertaining to the ACO role within a rotary wing operation
• Demonstrated understanding of CRM, Risk Management and Safety Management Systems
• Darwin residency or preparedness to relocate to Darwin
• Prepared to work a flexible roster pattern
• AW139, BK117 and B412 experience
• Previous T&C experience
• CASA Class 2 Medical
• HUET (or prepared to undergo training as required)
• First Aid Certificate from a recognised authority
• Demonstrated experience with computing systems such as Microsoft Office, Air Maestro, electronic flight bag applications such as Oz Runways and moving map systems
• Previous exposure to medical situations and trauma environments
How to apply
To download the position description or learn more about us, visit our website at http://www.careflight.org. If you would like to be part of our team, forward your resume with a covering letter addressing the role’s essential and desirable criteria to email@example.com. Applications close on Friday 8 April 2016.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing. Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests