• Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
• Bankstown or other Sydney base as required
CareFlight is an Australian not-for-profit aeromedical organisation. Our mission is to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community.
We operate from locations in NSW, northern WA and the Top End of the NT. Our specially trained doctors, nurses and paramedics use helicopters, aeroplanes, medi-jets and road ambulances to bring a hospital level of care to over 5,000 patients each year. We also deploy medical professionals to remote oil, gas & mining sites, both onshore and offshore.
Owing to continued expansion, we currently have opportunities for experienced aircrew officers to join our new fire-fighting operations. Operations are expected to commence by the end of July in readiness for the start of the bushfire danger period in October.
As an aircrew officer your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• assisting the Chief Aircrew Officer with the management of Training & Checking for all rear seat crew (including DTW crew);
• backfilling operational aircrew officer roster lines during periods of leave and undertaking shifts at various locations, as required;
• ensuring rostered shifts are conducted in accordance with rostering requirements;
• ensuring secondary non-flying duties are undertaken as allocated by RW management;
• actively participating in aircrew officer training; and
• maintaining aviation operational proficiency and fitness at all times.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
• Minimum 500 hours as a helicopter Aircrew Officer/Winch Operator
• Previous Fire / SAR / EMS experience
• Winch/Rappel competency in accordance with CAO 29.11
• Sound understanding of CAOs, rules and regulations pertaining to the ACO role within a rotary wing operation
• The willingness and ability to deploy at short notice for extended periods
• A demonstrated understanding of and competency with CRM, Risk Management and Safety Management Systems
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to take on non-flying related secondary duties
• Demonstrated competencies using software and systems including Word, Excel, and iPad flight planning applications
The following will also be highly regarded:
• BK117/AS350 experience
• Current Fire/SAR experience
• Previous External Load/Sling experience
• NVG competency in accordance with CAO 82.6
• Current HUET Qualification
• Current CRM/Non-Technical Skills and Human Factors Training
• Current DG Awareness Qualification
• Current First Aid Certificate from a recognised authority
• Current CASA Class 2 Medical
• Front Left Hand ACO experience
• The ability to report to the base for duty/deployment within 60 minutes
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team, please apply via the CareFlight job board https://careflight.org/careers/ Applications for this opportunity will close on 21 June 2018.
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required
by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Silver Wings
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Oct 2010
@rapattack - this has your name written all over it!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest