casa medical results - how long?

Discuss and/or express your disgust about anything Aviation Medical
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

casa medical results - how long?

Postby heli2o » Tue Sep 30 2014, 03:29

Just curious to find out how long the average wait is for a class 1 medical result. I have been waiting weeks now and they are getting quite cranky with me ringing every few days. Just my whinge for the day...
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: casa medical results - how long?

Postby Hello Pilots » Tue Sep 30 2014, 03:51

Got mine electronically in less than a week.......I did the medical on a Wednesday received it the following Tuesday
wheatbix
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby wheatbix » Tue Sep 30 2014, 04:21

Is it your initial or a renewal? Were there any additional special tests required? Did they say what the holdup was? Have you checked with your DAME to make sure they've submitted everything?
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby heli2o » Tue Sep 30 2014, 04:27

wheatbix wrote:Is it your initial or a renewal? Were there any additional special tests required? Did they say what the holdup was? Have you checked with your DAME to make sure they've submitted everything?

It is initial. I've done all the test required - latest was CAD test and I have confirmed it was received. They can't tell me anything other than it is with the doctor and they will forward results electronically as soon as they have them. Everything has been submitted.
Twin Head
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Twin Head » Tue Sep 30 2014, 04:33

A month isn't out of order for casa to process an initial. I have seen renewals take longer as well. Welcome to the system that is a system within a system.
lowflyer
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby lowflyer » Tue Sep 30 2014, 20:04

My initial took nearly three months. A friend had sent a cheque with it as I did not have a cheque accout at the time and asked me if I sent it as it had not been banked. I called CASA and was told they have it but won't bank it till medical was processed and was a backlog. Few weeks later dr called to say CASA has lost all my paperwork. Since that debacle everything has been fairly quick.
helishad

Postby helishad » Tue Sep 30 2014, 23:35

I did my Casa initial on the 10th of September and had it back within 2 weeks and I did mine from NZ.
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby heli2o » Wed Oct 1 2014, 03:06

lowflyer wrote:My initial took nearly three months. A friend had sent a cheque with it as I did not have a cheque accout at the time and asked me if I sent it as it had not been banked. I called CASA and was told they have it but won't bank it till medical was processed and was a backlog. Few weeks later dr called to say CASA has lost all my paperwork. Since that debacle everything has been fairly quick.

3 months is a long time to wait.. hopefully I get an answer soon. I guess I'm just keen to start flying but don't want to invest my hard earned without getting the ok. Thanks for all the replies.
bladestack

Postby bladestack » Wed Oct 1 2014, 08:40

I made the mistake of putting in for an ARN and forgetting to add my ID, so CASA thought the best idea wasn't to email me back but to send a copy back to me by snail mail. Stupid 2 week wait for nothing... Welcome to government though, if they were a business they would be broke, notice that the government nearly is :P
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby heli2o » Mon Oct 20 2014, 11:19

Latest update.... Still waiting.
oei
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby oei » Mon Oct 20 2014, 11:38

If you have an ARN go to the casa website , go to the casa portal , create a user name and choose a password
When your medical is issued, it will be updated immediately , just check the website if your paranoid
as350_nut
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby as350_nut » Mon Oct 20 2014, 20:19

Mines been issued, it's been sent to my previous address of over a year ago (yes I updated it) I've rung CASA and emailed them to get it redirected and got told - wait until Part 61 issues are sorted first as that's their priority - what a f*****n joke of a system!!
way-out-west
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby way-out-west » Mon Oct 20 2014, 22:31

Yes it is joke of a system. A few years ago I had a problem with my medical not being sent out in the required 28 days maximum processing. I had to do a job the next day and still no medical. I contacted the medical team again. I was informed it was processed the night before (the day of expiry). Being in a remote area the mail will take at least 1 week, I asked can they email it? Medical team answer! Yes we can do that if you pay (from memory) $50. I took this further after paying the money and wrote to the minister to investigate how many pilots had to pay this fee? My belief was the medical team would hold off until the last minute knowing we require a physical written medical to fly, so to go to work we would pay the money. I hope my letter and persistence was one of the reasons medicals are now both posted and emailed to avoid this problem of the medical team stalling the issue of medicals to what I believed was to raise revenue.
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby heli2o » Tue Oct 21 2014, 07:06

oei wrote:If you have an ARN go to the casa website , go to the casa portal , create a user name and choose a password
When your medical is issued, it will be updated immediately , just check the website if your paranoid

Hi oei. Not paranoid, just wanting an answer as I'm keen to start flying.
Thanks for all the relies. I guess CASA are just busy with the new part 61 changes..
truthinbeer
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby truthinbeer » Tue Oct 21 2014, 12:05

Mine took 3 months. What really irked me was they apply the commencement of your medical from the day of application and not when they got around to approving it. 3 months lost in my case.
Bigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 14 2015, 08:46

I nearly fell over yesterday when my iPad beeped at me - "you've got mail". CASA sent me my fresh Class 1, I only did the assessment last Wednesday arvo and then Tuesday following, I have the Medical.
Amazing and well done CASA.
Jabberwocky
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue Apr 14 2015, 09:41

Same same BigDog. I was well impressed.
millotte
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby millotte » Tue Apr 14 2015, 11:25

I can't complain either. Did my class 1 renewal on the 27th march and had the medical certificate turn up in the post yesterday. Not bad considering the public holidays over Easter.

Return to “Medical Talk”