Help Warren Truss to intervene - Colour Defective Pilots.

Discuss and/or express your disgust about anything Aviation Medical
Bigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Help Warren Truss to intervene - Colour Defective Pilots.

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jul 3 2014, 21:12

We need your support, CASA is attempting to overturn more than 20 years of successful operation of the current CASA standards for colour defective pilots, and return us to the dark ages.

Over 400 current professional pilots stand to lose their jobs, the number of PPLs is unknown. Despite a perfect safety record for the present standards.

I just signed the petition "The Hon Warren Truss MP: To intervene in the battle between colour vision defective pilots and CASA which threatens to destroy hundreds of careers." on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/t ... e_petition

Thanks!
Coriolis
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Help Warren Truss to intervene - Colour Defective Pilots

Postby Coriolis » Thu Jul 3 2014, 23:32

Anybody and everybody should get involved here as this is one of the most disgusting efforts by CASA Medicals! The report that was relied upon is flawed and the statistical accident data does not support their claims. Trawling the accident data base world-wide, there is only 1 reference to Colour Deficiency and in that example, there were 2 other people with perfect eyesight in the cockpit of the accident aircraft. The other data that totally throws these contentions out the window is the use of NVG's that only show 1 colour and those pilots have none of the problems suggested by CASA.
Life is like a ferris wheel;
Some days your on the top,
some days your on the botton!
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Hello Pilots » Fri Jul 4 2014, 02:52

Bigdog wrote:We need your support, CASA is attempting to overturn more than 20 years of successful operation of the current CASA standards for colour defective pilots, and return us to the dark ages.

Over 400 current professional pilots stand to lose their jobs, the number of PPLs is unknown. Despite a perfect safety record for the present standards.

I just signed the petition "The Hon Warren Truss MP: To intervene in the battle between colour vision defective pilots and CASA which threatens to destroy hundreds of careers." on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/t ... e_petition

Thanks!

LOL
About time the job market opened up again
oei
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby oei » Fri Jul 4 2014, 05:46

At the end of the day...CASA are going to do what they want...your wasting your breath
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Fri Jul 4 2014, 08:45

Everyone should sign the petition and liaise with AHIA (etc) to further the case.

Pressure on CASA, in an organised, eloquent, factually correct and proper fashion will yield results. You may well be surprised, but government does listen, as long as you speak their language.

Do not give up, but for heavens sake, do not be silent. Apathy is a big problem in the heli community, do not be apathetic.

Arrrj
pohm1
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby pohm1 » Fri Jul 4 2014, 11:26

do not be apathetic

But I can't help it!

P1
Bigdog
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jul 4 2014, 20:38

Sorry I should have added, my original post is not my words, although I fully support the original author. I copy/pasted from an email I was sent as I was on the run.
If the original author happens to read my post, no offence intended, I fully support the petition.

Now, why is the font in all my posts blue??
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Jul 4 2014, 23:47

Petition signed. The motives behind CASA's proposed changes are simply unreasonable and invalid.
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Capt Hollywood » Sat Jul 5 2014, 00:10

You're thinking of a similar sounding word Pohm1 :D

pohm1 wrote:
do not be apathetic

But I can't help it!

P1
scobie
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby scobie » Sat Jul 5 2014, 09:07

Bump.
Lets all get on board this guys. I myself have very mild CVD, no restrictions on my license. I know plenty of blokes that do have restrictions who are extremely safe and competent pilots though. A shame such a short staffed industry regulator is wasting time and money on something that Australian pilots have been doing safely for twenty plus years!!!
optusnet

Postby optusnet » Mon Jul 7 2014, 04:22

I too am a CVD helicopter pilot and am looking to help out as best I can, I have a family member who has close access to Minister truss and will help out but I need more information, can anyone point me in the right direction as who to speak to?

Return to “Medical Talk”