CASA MRS medical system

Discuss and/or express your disgust about anything Aviation Medical
Hircher
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

CASA MRS medical system

Postby Hircher » Mon Nov 21 2016, 00:20

I just filled in the online medical form. There were a hell of a lot of "Unsure"s
I can remember the year of some previous info let alone the month and details.
I hope its just trying to get all the info together in the new(?) system.
Hoping it will be all sorted on time this year.
Anyone else's experiences pop;
FatBoy1971
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: CASA MRS medical system

Postby FatBoy1971 » Mon Nov 21 2016, 04:53

I had a good experience with the new system this year. I got the first email from CASA stating that the doctor had given my 2 month "extension" to the medical, while I was still in the doctor's surgery. I received my medical the next day via email.
To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
RotorBez
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RotorBez » Tue Nov 22 2016, 08:17

To be honest, I can't say I have had a bad experience with either AVMED or indeed CASA. Then again, I'm not a complicated case with lots of ratings / endorsements / additions.

In my experience it would appear as though "the system works" which I know isn't the case with all of you.

RB
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Dec 16 2016, 05:41

Have to agree with Fatboy here also.
My first time this week using the new system and my age stipulated the "works" this time around for tests.

Saw the Dame this morning and did the usual eyesights and stand on one leg etc and had my certificate emailed by lunchtime :D . So overall it was a pleasant experience.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Sun Feb 25 2018, 17:10

The wheels seem to have fallen off the MARS system, last year I had my medical e-mailed to me before I got out of the doctors office, this year I had to follow up with CASA & was told they had a 20 day backlog to work through Before they got to mine. 2 steps forward, 10 steps back.
"Plan twice...Fly once"
KOALA
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby KOALA » Sun Feb 25 2018, 21:49

So a little of topic.... But still on the medical side of things.

Does anyone know where to find a list (if one exists) of Medical issues and / or diseases that would prevent one from obtaining or disqualify one from a class 1 CASA medical? A group of us were talking and weren't sure what would and wouldn't. I know you are meant to discuss all issues and concerns with a DAME, but this is just more for general discussions and information.

Would be interested to have a read and know whats what!!! pop; pop;

Thanks
Koala :)
Aspiring HEMS pilot 8)
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Mon Feb 26 2018, 00:17

Hi Koala,

Take a look at the Dame's Handbook, link attached. Lots of fun reading. Cheers TG.

https://www.casa.gov.au/licences-and-certification/aviation-medicine/designated-aviation-medical-examiners-handbook
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"

Return to “Medical Talk”