Looking for that opportunity

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
nrm

Looking for that opportunity

Postby nrm » Wed Mar 20 2019, 00:37

Hi there fellow Bladeslappers,
I am on the hunt to get my first job in the industry after being able to relocate throughout Australia. My time has come to follow my passion.

Flight Experience:
Total hours: 120
R22:81hrs (PIC 37hrs)
R44:37hrs (PIC 8hrs)
Flight Review conducted 2018

Endorsements:
Low Level

Other Qualifications:
HUET
DG
Senior First Aid

I have a background knowledge with pesticides and pest damage. I have completed studies in business and about to commence the Training and Assessment course.
I grew up on and dairy farm and orchards. So, I have some knowledge regarding cattle and crops.
My CV and references are available upon request.

Please PM me of any interest or availability.
Thankyou for your time.
Pitchpull
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Looking for that opportunity

Postby Pitchpull » Wed Mar 20 2019, 04:35

All the best my friend I hope it works out!
helijobs_net

Postby helijobs_net » Thu Mar 28 2019, 03:57

Hi nrm,
We've all been there - well, mostly all of us. You need experience to get a job and a job to get experience. From what I have learned is that an operator will need to gain trust in you as a person. A lot of us were hired for something else that the job called for. I was hired as a flight instructor, but ended up doing rides as a one-man-band. I remember my first boss was quite worried (almost suspicious) when he didn't know me, but when he saw that I was ambitious, energetic, and a safe pilot, he let me loose.

You have other skills which a company might find useful. If you're interested in cattle mustering or crop spraying, then visit the operators, the farms, and sell your skills. Do a job tour around the country. You can also browse through some of the jobs on my site. I have no doubt that you will be successful based upon what you wrote which was a genuine sales pitch, and not just "I'm a pilot, please give me a job."

Good luck job hunting,
Finn
Admin
Helijobs.net
nrm

Postby nrm » Thu Mar 28 2019, 04:01

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

As everyone's aware, "The easiest part is getting your licence and the hard part is that first job".

It will happen and I'll keep persisting.

Thanks again.

Return to “Pilots Required”